love tempur cloud - any alternatives out there?

a lot of long term hospitalized babies will test positive for latex - not all keep their allergies - for us it is the same with soy - he tested strongly positive for soy ( it is a cross reaction to cows milk proteins) but today he can eat, touch and live with soy no problem while he is still cows milk protein intolerant - the immune system is very dynamic and changes over the course of a life. There might have been a true IGE reaction but it might have been a cross reaction to another allergen. I would NEVER get a latex mattress for him - but he is not in an age where he spends a lot of time in mom and dadā€™s bedroom or anywhere near it - and he is an old pro at recognizing allergy symptoms and staying safeā€¦

My husband had enough of me going back and forth and ordered a dreamfoam 13 inch gel after reading the reviews - we have a split king setup and weā€™ll need 2 twins sooner or later - the plan is for me to try it out - if it feels too firm for me he will take it and I go with the cirrus lux, hopefully I do love it though - I thought he wanted a firm but he has admitted some hip and shoulder pains and wants to try a much softer setup ( he is a normal sized side/back sleeper)

I also ordered a flobed shredded latex topper that I have always wanted to try - it was on sale and I could not resist - not sure how this fits into my plans yetā€¦

Hi flybear,

Congratulations on your new mattress ā€¦ and topper :slight_smile:

The Dreamfoam 13" gel memory foam mattress is certainly a softer choice that by most accounts is close to the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe (perhaps just a little firmer) and Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback when youā€™ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Iā€™m also interested in your feedback about the Flobeds shredded latex topper.

Thanks for the information you shared about latex allergies as well.

Phoenix