Lowest Price Talalay Latex I Could Find - Mayer's Bedding - Toppers & Layers

Over 5 years ago we purchased a 13" 4-layer latex mattress from one of the reputable online mattress retailers that I found on this very site. They were great, and I have only positive feedback on that experience. We even bought our son’s latex crib mattress from them, as well. We have been extremely pleased with our purchases and truly have Phoenix to thank for this great source of information and help with our decision.

I have recently been experiencing shoulder and hip pain from side sleeping and decided to try replacing our existing medium Talalay top layer with a soft Talalay top layer. Since we were many years beyond the retailer’s “free layer exchange” timeframe, I had been doing a lot of online searching for the best possible deal to purchase a 3" Cal king soft Talalay layer. And seriously, I didn’t want to pay another nearly $600 for a replacement layer.

I’m excited to share a great source for rock-bottom pricing for raw Talalay latex. Through much searching, I found Mayer’s I ordered a brand-new 3" Cal king soft blended Talalay layer for just $310 with free shipping. I was so relieved and excited to find this great deal that I pulled the trigger right away. I was reassured that they have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, and at worst I could get my credit card company involved if it all went really downhill.

I am really pleased by this little company. First the savings. Second, I received timely emails from them when my order was placed, when it was shipped, when it was out on the truck for delivery, and when it was delivered. Finally, since I had never heard of this company before, and they’re not mentioned on this site, I was so relieved to open the box and find a beautiful, almost-perfect (there are always tiny nicks and divots in latex layers) brand-new cushy 3" Talalay latex layer. It came wrapped in a thin white fabric that was very helpful in properly positioning the layer without pulling on the latex or getting oils from my hands on the latex, and kept the latex surfaces from sticking together in the plastic wrap. It looked way better than the layers I got from the previous retailer that had been handled at their warehouse and re-packaged before sending to me.

My Talalay layer was shipped directly from the manufacturer: Latex International/Talalay Global per the shipping label and labels on the latex, itself. It took about a week for the layer to ship once I had made my purchase and another 4 days for it to arrive from TX. I replaced our top layer last night (photos attached below) and woke up feeling much better. My wife liked it, too.

… Bedding sells only natural or blended Talalay latex, no Dunlop on the site. They sell layers of latex in 1" 2" or 3" thickness and in all the typical varieties of firmness. You can also buy a cotton zip “topper” cover. They don’t sell whole mattresses or zip mattress encasements. Free ground shipping on everything.

They are really in the Talalay topper business, but I don’t think they even know they’re a great choice for DIY-ers and for people like me who want to get their latex mattress layers as cheap as possible. After all, the good stuff all comes from just a couple factories and is basically a commodity, so why pay more if you know what you want? I did the math - someone could build an entire Talay latex king mattress with layers from Mayer’s get a zip encasement from one of the great members of this site, and save like 900 bucks or more!

I have received so much benefit from being a member of and reading through this site when I needed it most and was scrambling for a new mattress, I wanted to “give back” by sharing this great resource for Talalay latex shipped direct from the manufacturer.

Sorry for the long “plug”, but this is legit. I have nothing to do with this company. I just found them two weeks ago, and I really wanted to share my experience and hopefully help someone else out.

Hi LAsleeper,

Thank you for the post, photos and the update.

I appreciate your concern about your post being overly promotional (which as you’re aware is a violation of the rules of the forum), but your posts are always “welcome” as long as it’s not the manufacturer themselves “self promoting” which of course isn’t the case with any of your posts. I’m always happy when a member of the forum has a positive experience with a retailer and wishes to share their tale.

As an additional resource for those who run across this post, there is another list of foam layer suppliers in post #4 here.

Phoenix

I wanted to add my feedback here regarding Mayer’s Bedding latex toppers. I recently purchased a new mattress which turned out to be too firm for me primarily being a side sleeper. While I need firm support to avoid back pain from hammocking, I also need sufficient softness to avoid pain in my shoulders and hips. After doing a lot of research here and elsewhere I decided it would be best to try a Talalay latex topper.

After researching various sellers I read about Mayer’s Bedding on this site and contacted them by email. I really liked the fact that their product was direct shipped from Talalay Global and that they sold with a 30 day money back guarantee (you just have to cover the cost of return shipping.) Since I’m a big guy a medium firmness was what I thought would be best suited for me. I consulted with Robert Mayer about my firmness choice as well as several other concerns I had and found him to be extremely helpful in his responses. He took the time to patiently address all of my questions regarding differences between the 100% natural vs. blended Talalay, ILD/firmness, ‘breathability’ of latex, exact topper sizing, etc. Many general questions about latex toppers are covered on their website.

So I went ahead and placed my order for a 3" blended Talalay 28 ILD topper. In addition to providing such excellent personal support, having the best pricing I could find along with the return policy made it an easy choice to do business with Robert Mayer. I received email confirmation of my order along with updates when my order was expected to ship, and then shipping confirmation and tracking updates. The topper was shipped directly to me from Talalay Global in CT and arrived in perfect condition. It is of excellent quality and is meeting my needs very well. I find the firmness perfect in that it maintains great support while being conforming enough to avoid pressure points in my shoulders and hips. No problem at all with heat buildup, the open cell structure of the latex seems to breathe very well.

Wanted to share my positive experience with Mayer’s Bedding here if it might be helpful to other forum members considering latex toppers. Looking forward to many well rested nights of sleeping ahead! :woohoo:

Hi Sweet Dreams,

I’m glad you’re happy with your new topper and that it is making your firm mattress more comfortable.

Phoenix

How is your 3" blended talalay 28 ild topper from Mayer’s holding up? Is there any odor from the topper, is it softening over time? I am considering purchasing the same one for basically the same side sleeper/firm mattress reasons. Did the 3" 28 ild work out for you?

I’ve only had it a few weeks but it’s holding up perfectly with no impressions forming at all, it feels exactly the same as when I received it. I don’t notice any softening either, the 28 ILD is still conforming but supportive and not overly soft. I think the softer topper would have been too soft for someone of my size and weight but of course that’s a subjective choice. There was initially some odor which is typical with new latex, but it wasn’t like that of most memory foam which I find very strong and objectionable. It’s what I would describe as a more natural vanilla like scent which has mostly dissipated by now. I wasn’t able to air it out at all since I immediately put it in place under a protector and my sheets. I’m still very pleased with the purchase and the support of Robert Mayer who provides an exceptional value on such high quality latex toppers. Good luck to you and sweet dreams!

Hi SweetDreams,

Thank you for posting a follow up reply. I’m glad you’re enjoying your topper.

Phoenix