macy's mattress

I just stumbled upon this wonderful site a few days ago while doing some research. Our 2nd mattress in just a few years was just last week deemed “defective”. Me and the hubby are so sick of being uncomfortable in our own bed and we need to choose another mattress. The last two mattresses were chosen blindly and we will not do that again. Just from reading the past few days, I have seen that Macy’s mattresses are not recommended. Unfortunately, we are forced to purchase from them because of the credit that we have with them from the defective mattress (Stearns and Foster). So my question is, if you absolutely had to choose a mattress from Macy’s, which would you choose. Please help!

• I read the must read mattress section and how to choose a mattress.

There are a couple of options you can research. The first one is that you can go ahead and get a warranty replacement and immediately sell it on craigslist or another similar site (It would be wise to keep the mattress in the plastic wrap if you plan to go this route). You wouldn’t get your money back but you would get some money for your next mattress.

The other option is to get a firmer mattress and look at adding a nicer memory foam or latex topper more to your liking. This should make the macy’s mattress more durable and hopefully more comfortable for you (this could be tricky to get the correct firmness of the mattress and topper).

[quote=“jermy4” post=38263]There are a couple of options you can research. The first one is that you can go ahead and get a warranty replacement and immediately sell it on craigslist or another similar site (It would be wise to keep the mattress in the plastic wrap if you plan to go this route). You wouldn’t get your money back but you would get some money for your next mattress.

The other option is to get a firmer mattress and look at adding a nicer memory foam or latex topper more to your liking. This should make the macy’s mattress more durable and hopefully more comfortable for you (this could be tricky to get the correct firmness of the mattress and topper).[/quote]

thank you for the reply. The first option (selling it) isn’t an option. My husband will never agree to that. We have a memory foam topper on our current deformed “sunken” mattress now. It has helped a lot.

Hi jackie311,

jermy4’s suggestions are good ones IMO and there is more in post #2 here and the posts it links to about the two main “strategies” you can use when you are replacing a mattress (either for a warranty or a comfort exchange) at a store where there are no great quality/value options available to you.

Phoenix