Maiden Made mattress

Hi Phoenix,
Wondering if you could give me your impressions of a mattress that is made locally here in Maine. The following are the specs.
• Double PillowTop Construction
• Quantum Edge Fabric-Encased
Coil
• Steel Perimeter Edge Coils
• Highly Resilient 2.5 Lb. High- Density Foam
• 2.5 Lb. 27 ILD HR Convoluted
Foam
• Damask Cover Quilted To 18 oz.
of Polyester Fiber and another
layer 3/8" foam

Prices
Twin Set $799 Full Set $1015 Queen Set $1160 King Set $1485
Their other bed which I am considering has the same specs exept for no 11/2" convoluted foam as it is not a pillow top. How much difference does it make that this is a two sided mattress? Is it really a benefit that it is two sided? I haven’t driven the 60 miles to try these mattresses out yet as I wanted to find out your opinion on the specs first. Thanks.

Hi pdunc,

It uses high quality and durable materials and components and there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability or useful life of the mattress so if it’s a good match for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP it would certainly be well worth considering.

Yes. A two sided mattress that is rotated and flipped on a regular basis will certainly last longer than a one sided mattress that uses the same comfort layers on one side of the innerspring. There is more about the pros and cons of one sided vs two sided mattresses in post #3 here.

Phoenix

Decided to try out other mattresses before our 120 day tryout period was over and after 110 days of trying out a Brooklyn Best Mattress Ever, my wife and I decided to return the BME and go back to a traditional inner spring mattress. We purchased a Royal Maiden Maine mattress from Daly Bros. in Biddeford, ME. These are the latest specs on that mattress from their broucher.
• Double PillowTop Construction (Two sided mattress)
• Quantum Edge Fabric-Encased Coil (Leggert & Platt Pocketed Bolsa coil)
• Steel Perimeter Edge Coils (Quantum Edge, narrower coil for more edge support)
• Highly Resilient 2.5 Lb. High- Density Foam (1/2") (ILD 27)
• 2.5 Lb. 27 ILD HR Convoluted Foam (1 1/2")
• Damask Cover Quilted To 18 oz. of Polyester Fiber and another layer 3/8" foam
We bought just the mattress for about $1045.which seemed to be a pretty good price point for the quality of the materials compared to most national brands and it was only slightly more expensive than the BME. We decided not to buy their foundation as we already have a slat style bed frame. In our tryout in the showroom, the bed was very comfortable to both my wife and myself. We were surprised to find it more comfortable to us than their similar but more expensive Royal Plush bed which had “nano coils” in the pillow top but a different quilting than the Royal.
Although we really liked the BME, especially compared to the other two on-line mattresses that we tried, we liked this locally made mattress better. We would have definitly kept the BME if we had not found this local manufacturer. I will update my experience on our new mattress in a few months.

Hi pdunc,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update and letting us know what you ended up deciding … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Your mattress uses high quality and durable materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links that could compromise the durability or useful life of the mattress so you certainly made a great quality/value choice.

I’m looking forward to any additional updates you have the chance to share once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix