Make a Latex Bed

Thanks Phoenix!

I will be keeping an eye on the foundation. If the cover is not tight enough to help prevent the indentations, then I will get a thin layer of foam for extra protection.

I will report on comfort as soon as we give it a good trial period. :slight_smile:

Chris

Try Ken first. This number answers after hours at AZ in case you can not reach them. It is Greg who helped me. He said for me to tell my friends. 602-329-1257-Greg.

Cheapest way to remove some risk is to go with original config you worked out with Ken. Probably plenty soft.

Get a 2 inch topper later IF needed. I doubt you would need it. By then you will know which ILD is best.

Free advice from a amateur.

Ask if you can return. I was under the impression they don’t do that. You may be able to arrange something, but please know before you invest. DIY components are personal items & only warranted against defects if I remember correctly.

The first time I called the store, I spoke briefly with Greg, and he told me that DIY components are NOT returnable. Ken told me they ARE returnable if you buy them as part of a complete mattress that includes their mattress cover. They are not returnable if you buy them as separate components without a mattress cover.

The first time I called the store, I spoke briefly with Greg, and he told me that DIY components are NOT returnable. Ken told me they ARE returnable if you buy them as part of a complete mattress that includes their mattress cover. They are not returnable if you buy them as separate components without a mattress cover.

ahhh, good. Less of a risk for me too. My invoice said nonreturnable which concerned me for you. You had that covered. :slight_smile:

Good luck.

If you’re looking for pure, natural fabrics, I’d choose organic cotton over bamboo. Specifically, GOTS organic cotton. Bamboo fabric is made with a rayon base and is never 100% bamboo. The GOTS standard requires that 95% of the product be organic and be whatever it states it is, in this case, cotton. The manufacturer and sometimes the purchaser can tell you if that last 5% is still organic cotton or not.

I got that right!! :side: Thanks for posting that. I am giddy & shaky after my DIY. That was supportive information for me.

Phoenix,

Would a 12" latex mattress be ok on a adjustable bed? Or would 9" be a better combination and move better with the adjustable bed?

Thanks

Hi swrstock,

While it’s usually a good idea to confirm it with the retailer or manufacturer of your mattress … a 12" latex mattress would normally be fine with contouring on an adjustable bed.

Phoenix

How do you cut a king latex in half to make 2 twin xl? Best cutting tool for job?

Hi swrstock,

Hopefully the layers you are cutting aren’t a full 6" core which would make the job more difficult but the best tool to cut a layer of latex would be an electric carving knife using a straight edge as a guide.

Phoenix