Mattress Advice for 3 year old girl

For the past 2 months I have been trying to find consistent advice on a mattress for my little girl and I simply have failed. This is a wonderful site, but I have succumb to paralysis by analysis. After countless hours of research, I’m more confused now than every! Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated. We live in the Denver, CO area. I think that I have narrowed the search down to the following beds:

$499 - Full size Ultra Plush Latex Mattress with Bamboo Cover - main questions for this bed:

1. Is it supportive and safe enough for a young child and
  2. Where can I purchase a base?

and

$599 - Durango Firm by Denver Mattress Full Mattress Set

1. Is this bed too firm for a yound child?
  2. Will it sag in a few years?

She has a convert-a-crib which converts into a full size bed. I would like a good quality mattress that she can keep for 4-10 years. She is tall for her age with average weight. I would like to spend $600 or less.

Please help. I have no idea what to do and the poor girl is too tall for her toddler bed and asks me everyday when I’m going to buy her a bed:(

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

ODE

Hi ODE,

This thread along with post #2 here and post #21 here may be helpful to you in terms of some general guidance and suggestions.

Out of the two mattresses you suggested … I would definitely suggest the Ultimate Dreams because you can choose the firmness of the comfort layer (and you can talk with them to help decide which would be better for a child although I would tend to go with a “medium” firmness choice) and it has latex in the comfort layer which is a much higher quality and more supportive material.

There are some good lower cost foundation options in the foundation thread here. If height is an issue and even a low profile foundation is too high then a good bunkie board (along the lines of this) would also work.

Some of the better local options in Denver are in post #2 here if you want to look locally for more natural materials but if you want to keep it simple then the Ultimate Dreams with your choice of firmness level would be a good choice.

Phoenix