Mattress confused

Hi alasearwax,

[quote]I guess my concern with the one from Brooklyn bedding is that I cant seem to find out what the FR sock is made of, I did try to ask them but was just told it was “natural”
I think on their website it states they are eco tex certified, but I’m unsure if that includes the FR sock or other materials in mattress. My son is very sensitive to chemicals and has asthma, so its a concern.[/quote]

The foam materials in their mattresses are all certified (their polyfoam and memory foam is CertiPUR certified and their latex is Oeko-Tex certified). They would be the most reliable source of information about their specific fire barrier but inherent fire barriers don’t have any added chemicals and aren’t typically a concern for most people. There is more general information about fire barriers in post #2 here and the two posts it links to at the end.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Peterborough/Belleville/Kingston areas (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked in my last reply) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix