Mattress cover advice

I recently ordered an “Ulimate Dreams King Eurotop Latex” mattress from Dreamfoam Bedding (which I believe is also Brooklyn Bedding) - great experience so far.

My question is has anyone tried using the Sleep Tite by Malouf ENCASE mattress protector with their latex mattress and if so did it affect the feel or sleeping temp?

Thanks! - Kevin

Hi heavysky,

You will find a wide range of experiences about how a membrane type protector (or encasement) like the Malouf affects sleeping temperature in combination with the other factors that can affect it as well (see post #2 here for more about the factors that can affect sleeping temperature). For people who are less temperature sensitive or where the other factors that can affect temperature don’t contribute to sleeping warmer it will likely be fine (although an encasement may have a bigger effect than a mattress protector that only protects the top) but there are also a higher percentage that find this type of mattress protector or encasement increases sleeping temperature in a noticeable way than with other types of protectors or encasements.

If you read the lower rated reviews here (1 star to 3 stars) you will find that like other membrane type protectors … some people find that it does increase the sleeping temperature for them. The other most common complaint is that it is quite large and can bunch up under the sheets which some people find uncomfortable.

Phoenix