mattress cover question

Hi flyby123 and KJEN,

Yes … it wouldn’t be suitable as a cover for the materials in a mattress … only as a protector.

This is certainly a reasonable price but there is also some less costly options available on the list I linked and I would also make sure you know exactly what type of latex you are purchasing so you can make meaningful comparisons. For example, if you go here you will see that the description says that it is “Pure - Natural Sri Lankan Botanical Talalay Latex with no synthetic, petroleum based fillers” and I would be aware that latex that comes from Sri Lanka is Dunlop not Talalay. Talalay latex comes from either Latex International in the US or from Radium in Holland … not Sri Lanka.

I should also clarify that Natural Comfort is not the same company as Plushbeds.

I would also read post #15 here and post #2 here before considering designing your own mattress from separate “parts” because it can easily end up being more complex than many people would suspect and end up being more costly than some of the component mattresses that are available where you have the expertise and guidance of a manufacturer to help you and can also keep the option of exchanging layers if you make a mistake.

Phoenix