Mattress Cover Question

Hello Phoenix,

I am looking to put together mattresses for my children. I was just going to get two 3" layers of latex as I would think 6" would be plenty for children under 100 pounds. What is your opinion on that? I tried my mattress with only two layers and it actually slept very similar if not the same to having three layers at 9". I was going to get them a soft talalay and a medium Dunlop. The only problem I am having is finding covers. We really like the non quilted covers. Do you know of any manufacturers that make 6" covers? Thanks

Hi woofman,

Post #2 here includes links to the better forum threads and posts about mattresses and children and they include links to some good quality/value options and sources as well. 6" of latex can certainly make a good choice for children … particularly if it includes a wool quilted cover which can help with temperature regulation and breathability. This topic may be worth reading as well about choosing a medium or a soft top layer.

If you decide to order all the components separately then the component post here includes some good sources for mattress covers.

Phoenix