Mattress encasement like on Bella Sera Nove 3 mattress

Hi Mother of Murray,

I would keep in mind that the top layers are the “comfort” layers not the support layers and their goal is primarily for pressure relief although it’s certainly true that a mattress cover/quilting can change how the mattress contours to your body (which is part of how a mattress relieves pressure and also “fills in the gaps” in the sleeping profile) and can have a significant effect on the “feel” of the mattress and on the temperature regulation of the mattress as well.

This can often be an effective solution that has helped many people who have purchased a mattress where the comfort layers are either too thin or firm but unless you have the ability to test a mattress / topper combination in person for PPP then adding a topper can add a new variable and would be more risky compared to buying a mattress that you have tested in person and is already a good match for you.

The link I listed in my earlier reply included some good sources for both 100% natural Dunlop latex and organic Dunlop latex as well. There is no organic Talalay latex although there is 100% natural Talalay latex. There is more about the different types of latex (including orgainc Dunlop) in post #6 here (which you may also have read already).

The link I provided also has some good sources of organic cotton/wool covers but I don’t know all the detailed specifics of either the Bella Sera cover or their specific construction (things such as the type and thickness of the cotton, amount of wool, whether only one layer is a stretch knit or whether the backing for the quilting is a stretch knit as well etc). The best suggestion I have would be to have a more detailed conversation on the phone with the suppliers that interest you the most so they can give you more information about their own specific covers although they may not know the details of the Bella Sera cover or be familiar with it so they wouldn’t likely be able to make a direct comparison and would only be able to tell you about the details of the covers they sell.

Phoenix