Mattress for 4 year old?

Hi All,

Years ago I delved into the rabbit hole that is mattress underground the results were great - I selected a Brooklyn Bedding mattress that I have since bought again in another size. Can’t say how awesome this site is, especially when there are so many fraudulent “review” sites out there just collecting advertising dollars from “recommended” mattress companies.

Anyway, I find myself in a new and different predicament. My daughter is turning four soon and really the size of a six year old. We need to get her a new bed since she has been in her toddler bed and I feel like it couldn’t be very comfortable anymore. Since she’s four, she can’t really answer questions about what is comfortable but would be curious if anybody has any recommendations that would work well as versatile back/side/stomach sleeper for a child? Thanks!

Hi BillT83,

Welcome back! I’m glad your Brooklyn Bedding mattress is working out well for you.

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it.

There is a link to some general guidelines for children in post #2 here. It also includes a number of links to the better forum posts and topics about mattress and children as well which have more information about many good options children which would be well worth considering. There is more information in post #2 here and the topics it links to about mattresses and children and “suitable” and “safe” materials.

If after reading through that you have more specific questions, I’ll be happy to do my best to be assistive.

Phoenix

Thanks, this is very helpful!

Hi BillT83,

I’m glad the information was useful to you.

Phoenix