mattress for child

My older daughter has the pure echo and it seems to be working well. I went to purchase another one to find their price about 15% higher and no box spring included. What are some other alternatives for kids? I don’t need organic if that helps open up the option space. I’m thinking a coil/latex hybrid would be a good option but don’t who makes good ones.

Hi doshspy,

They changed the design of the Pure Echo and it now uses more costly materials and components which is the reason for the difference in price.

There is a great deal of information in post #2 here and the topics it links to about mattresses and children and “suitable” and “safe” materials including a link to some general guidelines for children in post #2 here. It also includes a number of links to the better forum posts and topics about mattress and children as well which have more information about many good options which would be well worth considering.

Phoenix

thanks, I have a call into them to understand the differences. Looking at alternatives

Arizona Premium is offering a kids mattress with an ILD of 28 or 32 that is a glued together fall off pieces. Do you have any thoughts on how good this mattress would be since its glued together?

I’m looking at a number of options from Beloit. Any thoughts on the easy rest hybrid vs orthopedic line vs something more basic like the princess?

Hi doshspy,

It would certainly make a suitable and very durable choice for a child. Ken’s children slept on this mattress. The only “negative” would be that like most foam or latex mattresses it doesn’t have edge support which wouldn’t be an issue for sleeping but it may be an issue for some parents if they like to sit on the edge of the mattress for “story time”.

All of the Beloit mattresses use good quality and durable materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in any of them that would compromise the durability or useful life of their mattresses so as long as they are in a suitable firmness level they would make a good choice for a child.

Their Easy Rest hybrid mattresses use memory foam which I would normally avoid for younger children and I would tend to look for more resilient materials but the memory foam is also only an inch thick and it’s underneath a Talalay latex layer so it wouldn’t be as big an issue as it would if the memory foam layers were thicker although it still wouldn’t be my first choice.

Any of the Orthopedic models or their value line would make a good choice for a child as long as it was a suitable firmness level.

They are also more knowledgeable about all the specifics of their mattresses than I am so they will also be the best source of guidance about which of their mattresses and firmness levels would be the best choices for your child when you talk with them on the phone about all the criteria that are most important to you (or in person if you are in reasonable driving distance of their store).

Of course I would also confirm and factor in any additional shipping costs if you are outside their regular delivery area.

Phoenix