Mattress for teen

I have been all over the web and want to keep costs in-line while making a healthy purchase… I stumbled onto Night Therapy at Sam’s Club and was wondering about these.

Hi Eevans,

I’m not sure which Night Therapy mattress you are considering but it probably wouldn’t matter much because I wouldn’t suggest any of them.

The first thing I would suggest is to read post #1 here and the links it leads to. These are the steps that can lead to the most suitable mattress for your teen with the best possible quality and value and is the best place to begin.

A mattress is only as good as the construction and materials inside it so to evaluate the quality and value of the Night Therapy (or any mattress) you would need to know the details of all the layers including the thickness and density of each one. Without this information and the other information listed in the memory foam guidelines I follow (in post #10 here) I would pass the mattress by. You may be able to spend a lot of time with online research to find out the details that you need to make any meaningful assessment of the mattress but it will only lead you to the discovery that it uses low quality materials that won’t last anyway (like the 3 lb memory foam that they use).

This thread would be worth reading and a forum search on “Night Therapy” (you can just click this) will bring up more information about them as well but in general I would tend to avoid them … and I would always avoid any mattress where the supplier can’t provide you with the quality specs of every layer.

Even if it was good quality or value (which it isn’t IMO) … this would still leave the issue of knowing whether it was suitable for your teen in terms of PPP (Pressure relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preferences). Sams Club are not exactly “mattress people” and I’m not so sure I would have any confidence in any suggestions they may make (if they do at all) about how suitable the mattress may be for your teen’s specific needs and preferences. I don’t think they have any idea about how to “match” a mattress to a specific person. Whether a mattress is the best quality or the worst quality … if it isn’t suitable for your teen’s needs and preferences then it would have little value no matter what the cost.

The only good thing about Sams Club is that you get a free roll of the dice because of their return policy but I still wouldn’t consider it without knowing anything about what you are buying and the details of the all layers. Blind mattress purchases are not a good idea IMO.

Phoenix

Thank you so much for your answer and all of the good work you do!