Mattress Makers in Denver we can trust?

I notice most of the makers are in CA or Mid West or the South. I know many will ship in the lower 48, but I live in Denver and I would really like to sit and test a mattress before I commit.

Trying to find a place that makes a Twin XL suitable for an adjustable base. Little on this site address the 4 Ps when the base is adjustable.

I am iIntrigued by Tuft and Needle story and simplicity. And their return policy makes it low risk, but the results on this site are still to be known.

We have a volume store, America Furniture Warehouse, that sells a 10" China-made gel foam mattress but they don’t make it locally.

Any suggestions?

Hi MitchK,

An adjustable bed would be equivalent to a foundation or platform bed that has a firm, evenly supportive, and non flexing foundation and other than making sure your mattress can bend easily without damage and is suitable for use on an adjustable, it wouldn’t have any effect on which mattress you choose in terms of PPP.

Most foam mattresses and pocket coil mattresses and some innerspring mattresses with helicals that have been customized for use with an adjustable (such as a hinged border rod) would be fine with an adjustable but it’s always best to check with the manufacturer or retailer of your mattress to confirm that it would be a suitable choice and that an adjustable bed meets the warranty criteria.

They are certainly a good quality/value choice for those that are in a lower budget range and like the idea of sleeping on a basic and well designed polyfoam mattress although they are certainly not unique in having low or “fair” markups which are the norm with better manufacturers and retailers. Their infographic about typical stores is greatly exaggerated and more about marketing than anything else. I can’t think of any retailers that have actual selling prices (which are normally in the range of about 50% of the often fake “suggested” retail price) that are marked up anywhere close to a fraction of the 3 - 400% markup that the infographic implies is the norm in the industry.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Denver area are listed in post #2 here.

You can see the Information I would want to know about any mattress I was considering and the quality guidelines I would use in post #4 here.

Phoenix