Mattress protector - help me decide, please!

I ordered my mattress from Sleep EZ and it should arrive late this week and the adjustable foundation next week! I am searching for protectors for 2 Twin XLs. I found a deal on Amazon for $30 a piece for the 45th Street Bedding Washable Wool Mattress Pad, Twin XL. It is less costly than the stretch knit options I am pricing (considering the Protect-a-Bed Luxury or Luna).

I have read on the boards that this protector can change the feel of the mattress. Without having slept on latex or the new bed yet, it is a blind decision. Does anyone have experience using this protector? This price is hard to pass up when comparing to other wool options and I love the thought of using wool as I can sleep hot sometimes. Maybe bargain price is worth the risk?

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi LuvMyGSDs

There is more about the pros and cons of different types of mattress protectors and some examples of each of them in post #89 here that should be helpful.

The wool mattress pad you linked has 300 gsm of wool which is about 9 oz/sq yd so most people would notice “some effect” of the feel of a mattress but “how much” of an effect and whether any specific person would consider the effect to be detrimental or beneficial would depend on the person and on the specifics of the mattress.

Their prices are also significantly lower than others that carry the same product so I would also call 45th Street Bedding to make sure that they are an authorized dealer and are selling new products.

Phoenix