Mattress Protector Question

This may be a stupid question, but does a mattress protector cover replace a regular fitted bed sheet or does it go on top of the regular fitted bed sheet?

Hi gbill2004,

A mattress protector is used in addition to any sheets to protect your mattress from accidental stains and the body fluids and oils and dead skin cells that we release each night to help keep your sleeping surface in a clean and hygienic condition and to help prevent the buildup of dust mites.

It’s used right on top of the mattress and then a sheet goes on top of the protector.

Phoenix

Thank you very much Phoenix. I’m looking at Luna Premium and SafeRest Premium, both on Amazon. Do you recommend one over the other or are they pretty much the same?

Hi gbill2004,

They are both a thinner “membrane type protector” with a cotton terry fabric so they would be similar but I don’t have any personal experience with either one of them so I have any specific suggestions one way or the other.

Phoenix

Sorry…last question on this subject. Would you recommend a mattress protector for a Casper mattress?

Hi gbill2004,

I would recommend a mattress protector for every mattress.

There is more about the pros and cons of different types of mattress protectors in post #89 here.

Phoenix