Mattress Recommendations around the Boston area.

Hi retinasurgeon,

When you are starting to look for a mattress … the “secret” is knowing who to deal with (along with knowing how to eliminate most of the worst choices) and how to tell the difference between the “experts” (who already know what you would otherwise have to learn) and who have your best interests at heart and the outlets and salespeople who have little knowledge about mattresses and are more about marketing, commissions, and profit margins than about helping you find the best possible mattress that matches your needs and preferences.

The first step I would take is to read the post which is linked in my signature at the bottom of every post I make. This will give you a step by step process that will greatly increase your odds of finding a great mattress that is not only suitable for both of you but has the best possible quality and value as well. It will also link you with some basic information which is really all you need to know to help you ask good questions and be able to tell when you are dealing with an “expert” who has your best interests at heart.

There is some general information in post #2 here about how a mattress can “match” the needs and preferences of two people who are very different but again … without a reference point of mattresses you have tested you won’t really have any context for the information and the value of this kind of more technical mattress design information may not have much value for you.

Beyond some basic information about different materials and how to know the difference between lower quality versions and higher quality versions of each which you can use as a reference … who you work with can be much more important than how much you know about mattress design and specifications which can be much more complex than most people are prepared for.

You are fortunate to be in the Boston area because you have some great choices available to you. They are listed in post #4 here and there are some links to posts and threads with feedback about some of them in post #5 here.

Phoenix