Mattress Recommendations in MD area

Hello all! So glad I stumbled on this wonderful site. My husband and I (along with our pets and kids) have finally outgrown our little full sized bed. We’re taking the plunge and getting a king and wanted to get something that would give us a good sleep and last. We’ve been to the major retailers and both fell in love with the feel of the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe. While I might somehow make that price tag work for something that we spend 1/3 of our lives on, I could never justify it knowing that there are smarter options out there.

I’ve been reading the introductory posts and articles and love all of the information but admit to feeling pretty overwhelmed. Just as a basic starting point, does anyone have some basic advice on what to look for if we like the feel of the Cloud Luxe? We’re in MD and would love to see something in person if there are any good retailers in the MD/PA/DE/VA area. I was also looking into the Dreamfoam line on Amazon. It looks like they are well received around here, yes? It looks like they are the same company as Brooklyn Bedding?

Thanks so much to all of you!

-Lisa

Hi ragdolls,

If you are looking at online options then there are several manufacturers and retailers listed in the online memory foam list linked in the tutorial post that sell memory foam mattresses that are similar to many of the Tempurpedic lineup (including the Cloud Luxe) that use good quality materials and have a “feel”, softness level, quality, or design that is similar to the Cloud Luxe. There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here.

If you are looking locally so you can test a mattress in person then you would need to match the “feel” or PPP of the Cloud Luxe based on your own personal testing and then make sure that the quality of the materials in the mattress also met the minimum guidelines for a memory foam mattress listed in post #10 here.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to point you to the closest list in the forum (4 states is too large an area for me to look for).

Yes … Dreamfoam is a sister company to Brooklyn Bedding and both of them are members of this site which means that they compete well with the best in the country in terms of quality and value.

Phoenix

Thanks so much, Phoenix. We are in Clarksville, MD, zip code 21029. It’s more or less the midpoint between Baltimore and DC.

Hi ragdolls,

While they mostly overlap each other the Baltimore list is in post #2 here and the Washington, DC / Northern Virginia list is in post #2 here.

Phoenix