Mattress search: different requirements for spouse

Hi frank33v,

It certainly is possible yes. There are also some suggestions in the first part of post #2 here that may be helpful for couples that have very different body types or sleeping positions and have very different needs or preferences but of course your own testing (with both of you on the mattress) will always be the more reliable way to know whether any specific mattress is a good match for both of you in terms of PPP.

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or approximate another one in post #9 here.

The mattress shopping tutorial includes a link to the better online memory foam options I’m aware of (in the optional online step) and many of these sell mattresses that are specifically designed to approximate many of the Tempurpedic mattresses.

There is more about the different ways to choose a mattress (either locally or online) that can help you identify and minimize the risks involved with each of them in post #2 here. As you probably know from your reading here I would tend to avoid the Tempurpedic line (see the guidelines here for example).

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix