Mattress Selection + Accessories

After all of the ridiculously good information on here, I was able to go mattress shopping quite easily. Through the help of this site and other posts, and fact that I live in the Boston area, I have decided to go with the Spindle Medium mattress. So with that, I want to just say thanks for having a site like this.

Now I’m curious about a couple other features, with the first being a pillow. I haven’t seen it discussed on here, but I’m wondering if there are any good pillow recommendations. It seems like another important piece of the puzzle in regards to helping keep the spine aligned properly. Perhaps I’m overthinking this and it’s a much more simple thing.

Also, what about a mattress pad? I don’t want to take away from the overall comfort of the mattress or add anything that’s completely unnecessary. If anyone has recommendations for these, I’d love to hear them.

Hi sleepypanda,

I’m glad the site could help you and you certainly made a great quality/value choice.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You’re right that a pillow is an important part of a sleeping system and plays a significant role in your upper body alignment as well. There is more information and guidelines for choosing a pillow in the pillow topic here and the other posts and sources of information it links to that may be helpful.

If your mattress doesn’t need any fine tuning or additional padding then I would choose a mattress protector rather than a mattress pad because mattress pads are thicker than protectors and will have a bigger effect on the feel of your mattress.

There is more about the different types of mattress protectors and the pros and cons of each of them and some links to some good sources as well in post #89 here.

Phoenix