Mattress Selection - Highlands vs. Latex Bliss vs .Savvy Rest.

In an earlier thread, I’d posted about Savvy Restas being one of my choices.

Two other finalists in my search are: [ul]
[li]Highlands 100% natural Talalay/ILD 36 + 3" ILD 19 Talalay topper from Seattle Mattress Co[/li]
[li]Latex Bliss - either the Highlands model or something close [/li]
[/ul]

I’ve tested Highlands a couple of times now and it seems like a good fit for my body. This is what I look like on the bed:

I was a little un-relaxed while taking this picture, but it gives the general idea. Does this look reasonably aligned?

Latex Bliss is something I need to try out another time to be sure… but it’s certainly on my short list.

Are these really comparable in terms of material and construction? Also, if someone has additional feedback on these mattresses - their construction, longevity etc., I would appreciate the info.

Thanks!

Hi quixote,

I really can’t tell from a single still picture and the angle is wrong (I would normally squat down so I could see you parallel and at the same level) and I would need to see you standing up as well to get a sense of your “normal” posture. From the little I can tell though it seems not too bad … maybe a little on the soft side … but I can’t really tell for sure. They would be in a much better position to help you in “real time” and they are quite helpful there from my experience. Do you normally sleep only in that position? How did it feel in terms of back tension? Jeans and a belt is also not ideal for mattress testing.

In terms of the quality of the material … all of them are all latex so they are all roughly comparable in terms of quality and durability.

They all have a very different design though.

I’m unclear what you meant by this though in your previous thread …

Did you mean Dunlop for the first part of your comparison with the lower price and then the the “comparable” Talalay version for the second? Which two mattresses are you comparing?

The Savvy Rest is a costly option compared to other similar mattresses … especially the Talalay version.

The Highlands is blended Talalay (which is also called “natural”) … not 100% natural Talalay.

They don’t have a model with a comparable construction to the Highlands. The layering or all of them are quite different even though the materials are the same (blended Talalay). The closest in terms of thickness and amount of latex would be either the Pamper (which has 8" of latex) and the Nature (which has 10") but both are very different designs.

In terms of “feel” … the Nature would probably be closer than the Pamper (which is very firm because the top layer is thinner so you would feel more of the firmer 40 ILD support layer below it).

Post #6 here has more about the different types of latex but in terms of cost 100% natural Dunlop would be roughly equivalent to blended Talalay and 100% natural Talalay would be more costly than both.

Phoenix

Just wanted to come back to this thread with a final update.

I ended up trying the Highlands a couple of more times and had the store folks as well as my partner help with feedback on support and alignment. It turned out be a good “fit” and I ended up buying it from SMC, alongwith a split-king adjustable base. The overall combination is working very well - my sleep quality improved visibly within the first week, and it has continued being very good. Thanks for the help!

I’m realizing that it’s time to fine-tune my pillow choices now… :slight_smile:

Hi quixote,

Congratulations on your new latex mattress … and thanks for “closing the loop” and letting us know what you ended up deciding. It seems to me that you made a good choice :slight_smile:

The pillow thread here has some information and links that may be helpful.

Phoenix