Mattress Shopping in NC

Hi,

I recently found your site and was also looking into the King Coil G6 model. I have a local dealer that I’ve bought a lot of furniture from on the last 10 years and I have always gotten the best price from him after shopping around. In this case I want to make sure the quality is there as well. I live in ZIP 27215 and was hoping you could send me some information that would help me locally find the best options for a Gel Memory Foam Mattress. Also, at what price point (king size) would a King Coil G6 model be worth it?

Thanks,

Chad

Hi chadhump,

Hopefully you’ve had the chance to read the tutorial post (the link is at the top right of the page) which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and avoid the worst ones.

Outside of testing a mattress for PPP (using the testing guidelines) … a mattress is only as good as the quality of its construction and the materials inside it so it’s not really possible to make any meaningful comments about a mattress unless you can find out the specifics of the materials and components inside it (the details you would need are in post #4 here).

Without this information you would be making a completely blind purchase and there would be no way to identify any weak links in the mattress or to make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

In the case of the King Koil G6 you can see most of the specs and my comments in post #2 here.

It’s certainly not a mattress I would consider.

Phoenix