Mattress Shopping in Stafford

Greetings,

FIrst I would just like to say that this site has been beneficial and has helped to educate me a lot on buying a mattress, though I still have a long way to go. That being said, I have a few questions.

1. Any recommendations for mattress stores near Stafford, VA?

2. I went to a few mattress stores in the area that did not seem very informative and lacked detailed information. I did try out various mattresses though and I really like innerspring mattresses (which I have had most of my life). However I am looking to get a bit more of a comfort layer on top, so I am considering driving to Norfolk, VA to try out some Cozypure toppers this week (their beds are a bit out of my price range). Do you have any recommendations for me? I am 6’2", 185 pounds, a side sleeper, and looking to keep the mattress itself at 1,000 or less if I am getting a topper also. Durability is important to me. I am looking at a queen size bed. I know there is a lot I don’t know but without a knowledgeable and trustworthy sales representative I am still quite lost. I appreciate any help.

-Andrew

Hi MattressShopper26,

Post #9 here includes the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Fredericksburg area and should be helpful :slight_smile:

I can only speak to the quality and value of a mattress and your own personal testing and the guidance of knowledgeable and experienced retailers and manufacturers who are most familiar with their own mattresses is a much more accurate way of making the most suitable mattress choice than any “theory at a distance” I could offer. There are just too many variables to choose the most suitable mattress based on height / weight and sleeping position information alone.

Having said that … Cozy Pure is a member here which means I think very highly of them and consider them to be among the best of the best in the country. They make some very high quality mattresses with good value … especially for those who are more focused on natural and organic materials. Cheryl takes exceptional care to use only the best quality materials (down to the last thread) in all her mattresses. You can see my thoughts about them in post #11 here and a forum search on Cozy Pure (you can just click this) will bring up more feedback about them including some feedback with pictures from one of the members who purchased from them in this thread.

Hope this helps and if you have questions along the way that I can answer don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Phoenix