Mattress Specs for Legacy Park Place Co.--Phoenix, quality or no?

Hi,
so I spoke with a rep from the Legacy Park Place Company about their Crescent Moon Plush 2-sided mattess that I tried out at Ensley Fairfield Mattress in Pelham, AL. It’s like 900$ or so. A bit pricey. He told me the layers of the mattress:

*615 Leggett & Platt pocketed coil system, 15 gauge coils
*edge foam encasement (something about rails, not sure what that means), 1.5 lb foam
*fiber pad insulator
*1.5 lb 33 ILD foam (I think they call it “supersoft zoned contour support foam” on website)
*1.5 lb Visco foam 12 ILD (Visco plus comfort foam)
*quilt- 2" V8 (?) 1 lb foam 8 ILD (I’m guessing that’s the “Hypersoft Luxury quilt foam”)

So I’m wondering if the low density quilt foam is the weak link in this mattress, and how that would affect the feel down the road. Would that make a sagging surface that is uncomfortable? And now I am realizing I didn’t get how many inches of the other 1.5 lb foams used.

Oh well, at least the guy was super helpful and said to call back w/any questions!

Hi Vicky,

I would be cautious with a 2" layer of 1 lb polyfoam in the quilting which is a little outside the guidelines I would suggest (even for a two sided mattress) and could be a potential weak link in the mattress.

While it would be more durable than many one sided mattresses in the mainstream industry … in terms of the quality and durability of the materials and the useful life of the mattress I think you have better options available to you.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix!
I agree, just thought I’d run it by you.