mattress stores in maryland near DC

Hi. We bought a Dormia at Healthy Back years ago and have loved it. We’re now looking for another mattress but Healthy Back says they no longer carry Dormia. We looked at Technogel Estaci and Armonia but based on what we read here not sure if they’re worth the money. We’d prefer latex core for motion control and some wool or other temperature control. Are there any good stores we can check out? Thanks.

Hi seekingsleep,

Hopefully you’ve had the chance to read the mattress shopping tutorial which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here but I would also make some careful “value” comparisons with the Technogel mattresses and for me there would need to be a compelling and clearly identifiable reason that they were clearly “better” in some way that was important to you that would justify the higher prices compared to many other high quality mattresses that are available to you that are in lower budget ranges. A forum search on “Technogel” (you can just click the link) will bring up more comments and feedback about them as well.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Washington, DC area (subject to the value guidelines I linked) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Thanks for all the help. This site has been a real education for us!