Mattress support cores - latex

Hey jenninsb,

I just wanted to also apologize for the late reply, and I see you also mentioned the back surgeries, etc. So I think you are on the right track with the mattress member you are pursuing, they are very very well versed in latex mattresses. Thanks again for posting.

Sensei

My wife and I have been sleeping on a Sealy Springfree Gardenvine (plush) for 12 years … which is about 4 years too long for this mattress. The foam top is done and we are too.

Thinking about going all latex with something like the SleepEZ option, but having trouble figuring out how to select the best layers.

Leaning toward the 13" option to allow for four layers.

My understanding is that our current mattress is Dunlop latex with a 3" polyfoam layer.

My wife and I are both average size and side sleepers.

I’m thinking 2 layers of x-firm or firm Dunlop at the bottom, but I’m torn on the top two layers. I know I want talalay on the top in either soft or medium … What should I use for the second layer down? Is it best to use a firmer talalay there or a softer Dunlop?

Hello schaynes09,

Even though you didn’t post this in the Sleep EZ / Ask the Experts section I’d be happy to provide some advice if that’s OK with you. if the two of you are under 180 pounds then soft Talalay for the top layer and medium Dunlop for the second layer would be the most common choice. Please keep in mind that, if either of you try this setup and find that it’s too soft or too firm, or you’re getting back pain, hip pain, shoulder pain, or any discomfort really, you can adjust the mattress right in your home to get it dialed in for your specific needs and preference. Please also note that we use our 43 years of experience to make very accurate recommendations for our customers, so there is an outstanding chance that the above recommendation works perfectly for the two of you.

hi Geesahn, where did you purchase the latex mattress you described