Mattress topper advice to soften tempurpedic?

I have an older base model tempurpedic mattress. For awhile now, I have been waking up several times a night with my arms asleep. I assume a softer topper would help alleviate this problem. Suggestion for a topper? Latex? Thickness? Thanks in advance.

Hi craphoot,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to make any specific recommendations for the type/thickness of a topper and its potential effectiveness in alleviating your particular issues, as there are entirely too many variables involved, including, but not limited to, the state of your current mattress, your somatotype, level of flexibility of your shoulder, your BMI, particular comfort preferences and overall level of sensitivity.

It certainly is entirely possible that your older Tempurpedic mattress has lost enough of its surface comfort that it is no longer providing the surface comfort that you desire, along with any physical changes that you may have experienced as well, and it’s certainly possible that a 2’-3" plush latex topper could assist in rectifying this situation.

With tha being said, there is more information about choosing a topper in post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to which along with a conversation with a reliable and knowledgeable supplier (that can provide you with good information about how their toppers compare to each other or to other toppers they are familiar with that are available on the market) can help you use your sleeping experience as a reference point and guideline to help you choose the type, thickness, and firmness for a topper that has the least possible risk and the best chance for success. Because of the uncertainty involved with purchasing a topper where you can’t test the combination in person … a good exchange/return policy can also reduce the risk of an online topper purchase so I would also make sure you are comfortable with the options you have available after a purchase to exchange or return the topper and any costs involved just in case a topper you choose also doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for.

Phoenix