Mattress Topper Choice Aerus vs Authentic Comfort?

Hi

I am looking at a couple of memory foam toppers to put on top of my latex layers. There is a new brand at JCP called Authentic Comfort and they offer a 5lb density. Supposedly it is made in the USA. Does anyone know anything about this brand. I am comparing an Aerus 4lb density from Wal Mart. I am 6’ 2’ and a side sleeper. Is Aerus a better choice?

Hi stack,

Authentic Comfort is the new name for Sleep Studio and you can read a little more about them here.

They are sold mostly through larger chains or big box stores. I have seen them listed with a 3 lb density (such as here), with a 4 lb density (such as here and here) and a 5 lb density (such as here and here) so i would make sure you know the density of what you are buying (and you can also comfirm this by knowing the weight and size of the topper.

In terms of durability they would be closely comparable to any other memory foam of the same density.

In terms of “feel”, response time, and ventilation/temperature the only way to really know is with personal experience because there are hundreds of different types of memory foam (see post #9 here and post #8 here) and each uses a different formula. Manufacturers don’t make enough technical information available to really make comparisons between different types of memory foam based on specs alone (outside of durability/density) so the knowledge and experience of a retailer or manufacturer would be the most likely source of more meaningful information about how the memory foam they sell would compare to others on the market.

Phoenix