Mattress Topper

I have a 3-year old Tempurpedic Rhapsody Breeze twin xl mattress. Thought I would love it but it was like a rock and sleeps just as hot as other Tempurpedic mattresses. Bought TWO bamboo mattress pads to help soften the feel and they helped. but not much. I am a side sleeper and my arm goes to sleep. Wake up achy. SO, I have spent days reading your mattress forum and pondering what to do. My latest thought is to spring for a SleepEz Talalay latex 3-inch topper. I would like thoughts re the wisdom of that versus getting a new mattress. Thank you for this forum!

Hi Villager,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Adding a topper to a few-year-old mattress can be an effective way to create an appropriate comfort on a mattress that is still in good shape and supportive – just uncomfortable. And using the appropriate type of material (like the latex you’re considering from SleepEZ) can also help a bit with avoiding some of the “temperature issues” some people are sensitive to with memory foam.

The topper thread in post #2 here has some excellent advice about selecting a topper that should provide the guidance you need in this situation. You may also wish to phone SleepEZ (a site member here, which means that I think highly of them) for advice on an appropriate plushness, or at least feedback on what options you are considering.

Phoenix