Mattress Within Budget

I’m looking for a quality twin size mattress in the price range of around $300, preferably lower. If anyone could help expand my selection That’d be great. Here’s what I have so far in my price range.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013L4ZQB4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1456557602&sr=1-2&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin%3A368700011&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=dreamfoam&dpPl=1&dpID=41Wm4hXgAcL&ref=plSrch

www.addable.com

Hi Adam1108,

If you are considering online choices then some of the better lower budget options I’m aware of that would be worth considering are listed at the end of post #4 here and the other online lists it links to.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area that may be worth considering as well.

You are certainly looking at some great quality/value choices and unlike many mattresses in your budget range all three of them use high quality and durable materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability or useful life of any of them.

Addable and Dreamfoam are also both members of this site which means that I think highly of them and that I believe that they both compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

While I can’t speak to which of them would be the best match for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP or which one you would like best … they each have their own advantages.

The 12 in 1 customizable used a 2 lb high density polyfoam in all three 3" layers that are each a different firmness and it has a different quilting pattern on each side of the cover so you can rearrange the layers and reverse the cover into different combinations to customize the comfort and support of the mattress after you have purchased it.

The Arctic Dreams has a 3" Energex comfort layer which is a 3 lb high performance polyfoam that has some of the properties and point elasticity of memory foam but is a more resilient material and doesn’t have the slow response of memory foam. The base layer is 1.8 lb polyfoam.

The Addable has a 2" comfort layer of 4 lb gel memory foam so it would be attractive to those who prefer the feel and slower response of memory foam. It has a 1.8 lb polyfoam transition layer and then a 2 lb highly resilient polyfoam support core.

I would also make sure that you talk with each of them on the phone because when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Once you have narrowed down your options to a list of finalists that are all choices between “good and good” and none of them have any lower quality materials or “weak links” in their design (which they don’t) and if at this point there are no clear winners between them (which is usually a good indication that you have done some good research) then you are in the fortunate position that any of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice based on your more detailed phone conversations about each of them, the firmness and suitability of each one, their prices, your preferences for different types of materials and components, the options you have after a purchase to fine tune the mattress or exchange or return the mattress or individual layers and any costs involved, any additional extras that are part of each purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix