Mattresses in Italy

Hi –

We moved to Naples (Italy) and are looking for an Oeko-Tex or Eco-Institute certified mattress.

What do you think of this mattress?
http://www.bedsrus.eu/en/products/details/1309/56/mattresses/100-natural-latex/effetto-casa-total-natural.html

I spoke to the manufacturer (in Rome) who said he buys the latex from Pirelli, and uses organic cotton from Tuscany for the cover (although there is no certification for the cotton, it seems).

He says the mattress is very similar to the Pirelli PN18.

Thanks.

Hi heysan,

Based on the description it uses 100% natural latex (most likely Dunlop) which is a very high quality and durable material and there would certainly be no “weak links” in the mattress. Pirelli used to use Sapsa as their latex supplier (continuous pour Dunlop) but I believe that for the last few years they have been using molded Dunlop but I don’t know who currently supplies their latex.

I’m not familiar with the European market so I don’t know how it compares in terms of “value” to other similar mattresses but post #13 here has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix