Mattresses in Upstate SC

Hi sparkleman,

I can really only tell you what I would do and I personally would want to try a material I wasn’t familiar with before I bought it. You will be sleeping on it for a long time. While latex comes in soft and firm versions and many variations so all latex mattresses won’t feel the same, they all have the overall more lively “feel” and more resilient characteristics compared to memory foam. What this means is that I would avoid the tendency to evaluate the softness or firmness of any latex you try (which comes in a wide range and is part of a comfort choice rather than a material choice) but try instead to see if you like the overall feel and response of latex.

If I’m not mistaken you are in Greenville, SC?

If that’s the case then it may be worth calling Park Place to see if they have any mattresses with latex comfort layers you can try. The Greenville, SC list (I think you’ve seen this but just in case) is in post #2 here.

If you can confirm that you are in Greenville, SC (or let me know your zip or city) … I can take a quick look to see if there are any other local options that may carry latex you can test.

Phoenix