Mattresses to compare to Saatva

Hello Phoenix.

Thank you for your research work on mattresses. I have read much of what you have posted on the site and found it most informative.

I have read what you have posted about the Saatva mattress and would like to compare it to other comparable mattresses. Can you recommend other mattresses to compare? We would like to be able to see and lie on some of these mattresses. We live in Silver Spring, Maryland outside Washington, DC.

Thank you for your help.

Hi garmspth,

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or "approximate another one in post #9 here. While there are many other mattresses that use similar of better quality materials and components … the “feel” and performance of a mattress is very subjective and I don’t know of any other mattress that is specifically designed to “match” the Saatva (another manufacturer would have no reason to use it as a blueprint for their own mattresses) and it’s unlikely that you would find another local mattress with an identical or close to identical design so the only way to compare another mattress to the Saatva in terms of how they feel or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) would be based on your own personal testing and more subjective side by side comparisons.

There is more about the different ways to choose a mattress (locally or online) that can help you assess and minimize the risks involved with each of them in post #2 here and there is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in post #13 here.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Washington, DC area (subject to the value guidelines I linked) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix