Memory Foam Protector

I recently bought an Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams 13" memory foam mattress, which arrived this morning. I’m a side sleeper with an old rib injury that will never fully heal and I’m tired of sleeping on one side. Since this mattress is supposedly pretty close to the tempurpedic cloud luxe and the price was right, I went ahead and bought it.

What I need is a mattress protector. I have ridiculously oily skin and everything I sleep on turns yellow. What I don’t want is a protector that changes the feel of my mattress, since that defeats the whole purpose of it, but I also don’t want to spend over $100 for a protector for a mattress that was only $700.

From what I’ve read through searching the forum, a natural fiber like cottom or wool that is thin and has a knit weave would be best, right? Any specific product suggestions?

By the way, captcha is super annoying.

Hi corpgator,

First of all … congratulations on your new mattress. As you know I think highly of Brooklyn Bedding and the quality and value of the mattresses they make and sell :slight_smile:

Post #89 here talks about the different types of mattress protectors that are available and the tradeoffs that are involved with each type. There are some links there as well to specific brands but a google search would also be well worthwhile because prices and sources can change constantly.

I think in your case one of the thin and stretchy “membrane type” protectors may be closest to what you are looking for. If the one you choose has some stretch it will not change the feel of your mattress significantly and the slight possibility of increased sleeping temperature (which can be reduced with your sheets and bedding anyway) would probably be worth it. They also tend to be a lower price than the stretch knit cotton or wool protectors and may be a better fit for your budget. These would probably be the most common choice in your circumstances.

I agree … but unfortunately it’s a necessary evil to prevent the forum from being taken over by spammers. It’s only on the first post though and from the second post onwards it doesn’t appear any more.

Phoenix

Corpgator

Which protector did you get? I need to buy one for my Ultimate Dreams also and can’t decide hich onetime get. I don’t want to spend a fortune.