Memory foam very unhappy

Hi Great forum Hope you can help. My wife and I just bought a new bed for our son a pillow top full size for our Son we love it. It was $1,500.00 from ortho Mattress.
I then wanted to surprise my wife for our anniversary about a week later. I purchased a $6,000.00 bed from Ortho mattress their top of the line adjustable ca king with memory foam. We both do not like it at all we have been taking turns sleeping on our son’s new pillow top bed.
Is there anything we can do to the memory foam to make it feel closer to a traditional pillow top bed. Otho said they would do a one time trade out for a firmer memory foam.

Can I get a topper that will make it more like a traditional bed.
Thank you KSL

Hi KSL.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear you’re having such a terrible time with your new memory foam mattress.

What is it about the memory foam that you and your wife are disliking?

To quote our wise Phoenix… Unfortunately there isn’t a completely effective way to “fix” or “firm up” a mattress where the comfort layers are too thick or soft without removing and replacing the materials inside the mattress because a topper will still follow and sink into the softer layers or any soft spots underneath them. Toppers can be an effective way to soften up a mattress that is too firm but are not nearly as effective a way to make a mattress that is too soft any firmer. There are a few suggestions in post #4 here that may be helpful but unfortunately in most cases a firmer topper will only provide a partial or temporary benefit and may introduce other issues as well (such as a sleeping surface that is too firm or that doesn’t contour as well to your body profile).

Is it not possible to exchange the mattress for a pillowtop model instead? It seems odd to me that they would have such a restricted return/exchange policy on such an expensive mattress. Would the trade in be for an entirely new mattress, or just firmer foam for the comfort layer?

NikkiTMU