memory foam

Hello, i’ve been reading through this forum and appreciate the great information. I am on a tight budget to purchase a new mattress. My husband and i have been experiencing a lot of back, neck & shoulder pain. Our current mattress is about 5 years old. I believe it is a simmons beauty rest? I’m curious if anyone has any feedback on this particular mattress?

LUCID by LinenSpa 12" Memory Foam Triple-Layer Plush Viscoelastic Mattress 20-Year Warranty - Bamboo Cover, Queen

Thanks!

Hi sherib,

A forum search on Lucid (you can just click this) will bring up more of my thoughts about them.

As you will see from the previous posts … they don’t meet the minimum criteria I would use to buy a memory foam mattress and I would avoid them.

Phoenix

Phoenix,
Thank you for the link back to your specifc post on this provider… I had missed it previously. That being said, do you have any feedback regarding DynastyMattress​- Queen Deluxe 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress, Cool AirFlow? I have field tested some Tempurpedics and seem to like either the Rhapsody or the Signature. I am also open to the “springy” feel of latex… However, the budget is somewhat limiting some of the choices I could make, so I am trying to get the most bang for my buck by doing my research and trying to find a product that is not only supportive and comfortable, but that will also hopefully have longevity. Bed will be for 2 people, 1 @ 5’7" approx 140lbs. and 1 @ 6’2" aprox 250lbs.

thank you for any input… as we are experiencing pain now I am anxious to purchase…
sheri

Hi sherib,

A forum search on “Dynasty” (you can just click this) will bring up more information about them including post #5 here which talks about their listings possibly being inaccurate about the density/quality of the foam in their mattresses. It’s not uncommon at all for some of the “race to the bottom” types of retailers who sell based on price only rather than “value” or who take advantage of the lack of knowledge most consumers have about mattresses, to have inaccurate information in their listings, or to make completely unreasonable comparisons with other higher priced mattresses.

You can see the criteria I use for memory foam mattresses in post #10 here and if they don’t meet these I wouldn’t consider them. The knowledge and experience of any online provider to help you make good choices and provide you with accurate information about the mattresses they sell is also a big part of the value of an online purchase because no matter what the cost or “value” of a mattress you buy may be … if it doesn’t match your needs and preferences then it would have little value to you and you would need to return it or exchange it and start all over again (if it’s possible or if the return shipping costs aren’t so high that it’s really not worth it).

Post #12 here has some of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of that would be well worth talking to.

Phoenix

Thanks again for the links to your posts. I will be reading more this weekend and continuing to do my research before I make a decision. Do you know of any good memory foam options with latex? I only did a cursory glance of your list in Post #12, but I didn’t see mention of Latex.

I think I would like to try to go test drive some options. I’m in Washington. Zip code for my area is 98466. If you have any suggestions for places to visit I’d be grateful as I am overwhelmed just thinking about going much less finding a shop that has some of the not name brands… (meaning not Tempurpedic, Serta, etc. only)

thanks
:slight_smile:

Hi sherib,

Several of the options there include latex and memory foam in their mattresses but I don’t keep a list of all their mattresses or the specs of each so you would need to look at each website in more detail or better yet call the ones that most interest you and talk with them in person. At least one of them (Rocky Mountain) can even custom build with any combination of materials they have available.

Some of the better options in the Seattle/Tacoma area I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix