Memoryfoamcomfort Presto Mattress Review

Hello,

Getting to this place of writing this review was a long and winding road. My wife and I had an 8 year old restonic pillowtop mattress that had become uncomfortable and sag a lot in the middle turning your body into a U. I started looking at options to replace it and liked the idea of buying online and avoiding the in store prices that had skyrocketed since we bought our last mattress. We live in Canada and went to a sleep country to ensure that we found a foam mattress tolerable which we did. That is when things got overwhelming and confusing.

I tend to over research everything single thing in life which can be a blessing and a curse. I usually end up with high quality stuff that I am very satisfied with but it also takes me 6 months to pick a BBQ. I started with Endy moved on to Leesa, looked at Brooklyn Bedding and a dozen others that ended up not accommodating Canadians very well. I looked at the Nectar mattress a lot and almost bought it and the Leesa a few times. Finally I found this website and moved in a different direction. It resonated with me that whether individual A finds something comfortable really does not matter because they aren’t me. The only thing that matters and can be considered objectivity is the quality of known materials. That lead me to here and the recommended retailer list and memoryfoamcomfort.ca.

The bed is 2" of 4 lb memory foam 2" 5 lb organic Dunlop latex 2" 3 lb high resiliency foam and 4" 2 lb high density foam. The top 3 layers are interchangeable to customize the feeling of the mattress and an extra 2" HR layer is included for more options. These are certified foams and you can get more info on the website. The customization appealed to me though in reality I have only used the original configuration as this seems to be the softest order. The customer service was amazing, I had a very good buying experience. The bed arrived on time uncompressed and with some help I got it upstairs. The cover and foam all appear to be excellent quality. There was very minimal smell. A side note is I had to custom build slats for my eq3 bed frame as the ones available did not satisfy the warranty requirements for thickness.

We have been sleeping on the mattress a little over a month and are very happy with it. There is certainly an adjustment period coming from a pillow top spring mattress. It is warmer than I would generally prefer but that is nothing against this mattress, simply a reality with memory foam. It is very comfortable and we never wake up sore and needing to roll over. Also, the motion transfer is very good as you’d expect. I find the mattress to be a medium-firm even configured memory foam, latex etc. Which is a tad firmer than I would usually prefer. It did break in to be a bit softer than it was initially but is still fairly firm. While it is very very comfortable I do find myself missing some of the soft plushness of a pillow top. I might try a down alternative mattress topper/pad to try to replicate that but the good ones are expensive and I’ve been dragging my feet. I’m also not sure how this will affect my temperature, perhaps putting the latex on top with the topper will be the trick. If anyone has any recommendations please pass them my way.

The issues I have have nothing to do with the mattress and are simply personal preference. The mattress was a tremendous value, uses premium materials and is very comfortable. When you compare what you get for the cost to a mattress store the difference is astonishing. I will recommend this mattress to everyone I know, especially Canadians but it could be an opportunity for Americans to take advantage of a strong dollar now as well.

I could not find any reviews on this mattress when I was purchasing so hopefully this will help someone else to make their decision.

Hi Winnipeg85,

Thank you for your very detailed description of your new mattress shopping process, and congratulations on your new mattress! :cheer: As you’re aware, MFC is a member here, and you certainly made a good quality/value choice.

This site doesn’t focus on mattress reviews, so that’s why you wouldn’t find anything like that in your search, but I do appreciate you sharing the specifications of what you chose and your experiences with the product and business. I hope you’ll take the time to share a few more details about your new mattress (and any other configurations you try) after you’ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while longer.

Phoenix

Hi Winnipeg85,

You may want to inverse the 2 top layers of the mattress. Place the latex layer on top of the memory foam, and this will cool down the mattress. It will also feel different and may resemble the pillow top feel which you enjoy.

We are aware that time is a precious commodity, and want to thank you for your review of the Presto mattress and sharing your experience, we really appreciate it!

All the best!

Hi Winnipeg85,

Are you still happy with the Presto after about 3 months? Did you switch the layers and are you still finding it’s medium-firm? Also, what’s your sleeping position?

I’m a side sleeper and 220 lbs. I’m torn between this mattress and a DIY build from the same distributor. I’ve also over researched and now I’m concerned about getting the feel right and not the err from “theory at a distance” as Phoenix calls it.

Thanks

Hi ymaurice,

Just in case you haven’t seen this yet regarding a DIY project, if you are attracted to the idea of designing and building your own DIY mattress out of separate components that are purchased from one or several different sources then the first place I would start is by reading option 3 in post #15 here and the posts it links to (and option #1 and #2 as well) so that you have more realistic expectations and that you are comfortable with the learning curve, uncertainty, trial and error, or in some cases the higher costs that may be involved in the DIY process. While it can certainly be a rewarding project … the best approach to a DIY mattress is a “spirit of adventure” where what you learn and the satisfaction that comes from the process itself is more important than any cost savings you may realize (which may or may not happen).

I also replied in part to one of your previous posts, and I think you mention you are already aware, of the caution I advise against using someone else’s results and applying those as accurate indicators of what might be most appropriate for your own personal use.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for the information. In order to avoid derailing this thread, I’ll start another on the subject of my DIY options in order to validate my potential choices for each layer.

Hi ymaurice,

I’m not too big of a stickler for post placement, but it might be easier for you to reference back with new questions or comments if you group them into a new thread. You’re welcome to do as you please!

Phoenix

Hi,

I don’t see the date but imagine this is a really late reply. We’re still happy with the mattress, we ended up doing latex, hr foam, memory foam, hd foam and like that setup. I think next time I’d go full latex if it’s not too warm (maybe I’ll get a discount with my review being linked on the website :slight_smile:

There’s some sagging but not really something you notice when laying down. We rotate fairly often which helps to an extent. It’s warmer than spring mattresses which I think is unavoidable. With an air conditioned house it’s not a concern even though I run hot.

I think I’ll get a couple/few more years out of it.

Hi Winnipeg85, welcome back to the forum!

We love to hear it! MFC is a valued long-time Trusted Member of the site and Mario is great at helping consumers find the perfect sleep solution for their budgets…you can also let them know directly in their dedicated MFC Expert Forum Page , as I’m sure Mario would love to hear your review after several years with your mattress.

Since you do mention sleeping hot, if this becomes an issue going forward, you might want to consider a mattress topper of wool, cotton or other breathable material like This Heartfelt Wool Mattress Pad from Trusted Member Shepherd’s Dream .

From what you describe a latex mattress would be the best and most logical choice of a material for a new mattress for you. Latex is the most temperature neutral from all types of foams for “sleeping hot” and the most durable form almost all other types of foams of similar comfort levels IFD/ILD. You can read more about temperature regulation and micro-climates in This post , as well as Post #29 Here . And yes, you’d definitely be able to make use of the site discount if you purchase from any of our Trusted Members .

Glad you are still enjoying your MFC mattress, and I hope you get many years more comfort from it as well!

~ Basilio