Mitchell Gold

I am considering a mattress from Mitchell Gold Furniture, but have not found any reviews. Has anyone had any experience with this brand. I understand it is a latex over foam design.

Hi Myo,

There appear to be a house brand made by one of the mattress manufacturers in North Carolina (if I had to guess it would probably be Carolina Mattress Guild but there are a number of others who are based there as well).

A mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it and the manufacturer’s name or reviews about the mattress (see post #13 here) aren’t nearly as important as knowing the construction and materials inside the mattress.

If you can find out the details of the mattress from Mitchell Gold Furniture I’d be happy to make some comments about it and help you identify any possible weak links in the mattress. Better retailers and manufacturers will be happy to provide this to you. The ones that don’t aren’t really worth considering.

The information you would need is the thickness of all the layers and components in the mattress (from top to bottom), the density of any memory foam or polyfoam in the mattress, and the type and blend of any latex. If it has an innerspring then the type of innerspring, wire gauge, and coil count would be the basic information you would need along with the type of fabric and any quilting material used in the cover.

They should be able to provide you with all of this so you can make an informed decision and make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

Hopefully you’ve also read the basic tutorial post here.

Phoenix