Must Duplicate Perfect Sleeper's No-Low-Back-Pain Effect On Me Somehow !

Hi marin,

There are a few other manufacturers that are a little closer than Beloit (although they would be a great choice). They are listed in post #2 here.

I would say they have continuously gone downlhill in the last 15 years or so (particularly since the introduction of one sided mattresses in 2000 and since pillowtops became more popular).

Many smaller stores exchange as well (and many smaller manufacturers will also change out a layer if you need to have your mattress adjusted) but in the case of many of the chain stores a mattress exchange is built into the price of their mattresses so you pay for it when you buy a mattress. In many cases a mattress exchange is also a new profit center because they will usually not allow you to trade down and you will often be given credit on a sale price and then have to exchange at a regular price … and there are also fees involved in many cases. The “trick” is if they can close you based on the idea that you can exchange the mattress then most people won’t take as much care in choosing their mattress and if they succeed in convincing you to buy “anything” (under the assumption that if it doesn’t work you can exchange it) they have locked you in to a sale at a store where there is usually very little in the way of good quality and value. This leads to a sales environment where they don’t particularly care what they sell you … as long as they sell you something to lock you in.

Yes … Future Foam is a foam manufacturer that is CertiPur certified* and makes a wide range of foam products including polyfoam, memory foam, and gel memory foam. I have heard some manufacturers that speak highly of the foams they produce although like any foam manufacturer they make foams in many different quality/density levels.

ADMIN NOTE: *Removed 404 link|Archived Footprint: certipur.us/pages/for-industry/find-a-foam-supplier/future-foam/

Phoenix