My best memory foam bets - and platform bed suggestions

Hi Novosbed,

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

I “should have” caught it myself but it went right by me.

In looking a little more closely as well there are probably a couple of other parts that could be clarified …

Restava: Some types of polyfoam that are used in top layers or quilting layers can be quite breathable (more so than memory foam) although they can “modify” the feel of the memory foam.

SleepEz: Wool in a quilting layer is also a “cooling” factor although it can also affect the feel of the memory foam.

Phoenix

Hi Novosbed,

Thank you very much for correcting me. I actually forgot to mention that some of the details I compiled could be inaccurate. It clearly states on your website that you have a 120-night in home free trial. I bet I got my open tabs confused somewhere.

Thanks again f or clarifying. I would hate to spread inaccurate information. Now I wonder which retailer I was thinking of :ohmy:

Best,

Cabert

Hi Cabert. Your research and thoughtful posts have been a great help in our search for a memory foam mattress. We’re about to pull the trigger and our criteria is very similar to yours. We too have the BB Cool Luxe high on our list. How do you like it? Any regrets? Thanks again.
Eric

Hi ericlut,

Thanks for asking! We purchased the BB Cool Luxe about 1.5 months ago. We do love our mattress. It’s worked very well on our platform bed. We both feel like we get a very comfortable night’s sleep. In my case, once I got that bed, it was the first solid night’s sleep I’d had in at least a year. So the difference was very noticeable. Neither of us have had any problems with back or neck pain. I feel like I sink in far enough to account for my wide shoulders and hips. It’s important to note that the BB Cool Luxe doesn’t have much edge support, so I hope you don’t plan on sitting on the edge of your mattress. But otherwise, the comfort level meets our needs and desires.

I do think that the BB Cool Luxe sleeps a little warm for me. That’s at least partially due to my bedding - if I use a lighter blanket just for myself instead of the heavy, polyester comforter I foolishly purchased last year, then I sleep mostly cool throughout the night. My fiancee has no problems sleeping hot at all. And as I mentioned, even though he’s on the heavier side, he has no problems with support. I am still not interested in upgrading to the BB PureCool Luxe due to the price difference even though I think it probably would help with cooling. I felt like I got a great value in the Cool Luxe, and I’m happy with that. I think as long as I’m careful with my bedding, I will have fewer problems. I researched bedding options here on the Mattress Underground and had my eye on a few items that I think will help, such as an outlast comforter, but I am not buying anything yet.

If you have any specific questions about my experience with the Cool Luxe, just let me know and I’d be happy to answer.

Best of luck!