My Essentia.com False Advertising and Lying to Consumer

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you so much for your in depth info.

When I found out about claims of a natural memory foam , reading this thread turned me off any further research on that.

Hi mikez.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I certainly understand your feelingsā€¦ the good news is that there are many manufacturers that have consumerā€™s best interest at heart.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for your reply and welcome!

I also just came across a product deemed to be made from ā€˜bio basedā€™ memory cell memory foam and latex. I am assuming this is mainly a marketing term and refers to only a small portion of the memory foam being derived from natural products (eg oils) only.

Thanks for your insights!

Hi mikez.

You are wise to be skeptical about the ā€œbio-basedā€ memory foams as this is in most cases more about marketing and it is also somewhat misleading because the polyfoam and memory foam are still mostly petrochemical based ā€¦ not ā€œbio-basedā€ ā€¦ These foams have only a very small part of the petrochemical polyols (one of the chemicals used to manufacture polyfoam and memory foam) being replaced with plant oil ā€¦ hence ā€œbioā€. You can see some more comments about ā€œso-calledā€ bio-based or plant-based foam materials in post #2 here

As stated many times on our site, regardless of the name used for the foam, youā€™d always want find out information listed here and the exact specifications (such as foam density) and the quality of the componentry in the mattress so that you can compare it to the durability guidelines here. Also Post #2 here has some guidelines (including MF safety/certifications) to keep in mind when purchasing any mattress that contains memory foam.

Phoenix

Interesting

Hi Dejan911,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :). Please let us know if you have any experience or comments about this subject matter.

Thanks
Sensei

My personal experience: I have owned both the Dormeuse and the LaLa crib mattress for about 3 years now. I am extremely happy with both. My little daughter loves her mattress, and complains when she sleeps elsewhere and canā€™t be on her comfy mattress. I sleep better on the Dormeuse than I ever have in my life. It is absolutely dreamy to sleep on. I have a Duxiana (another luxury mattress brand) in the guest room which I have slept on a number of times, and I hate it! It is so uncomfortable. True memory foam mattresses have always irritated my skin, which is extremely sensitive. I have actually had experiences of my skin BURNING like it is on fire sleeping on regular memory foam mattresses. I have never had any irritation from the Dormeuse.

Very interesting Alice. Thanks for sharing.