My first post... excuse my ignorance

Hi IbrahimSS,

You have some very good choices in your area and the better ones I’m aware of are listed in post #7 here.

Personal “specs” are not that important when you are making a local purchase (except as a guideline) because two people with similar body types and sleeping positions can still have very different needs and preferences. The guidelines are meant to provide some general knowledge as a “starting point” but this is the type of information that along with a more detailed phone conversation about your many other needs and preferences would be more important for an online or “on the phone” purchase than it would be for a local purchase where the person that is helping you can see how you are interacting with a mattress in “real time” and talk to you about how each mattress “feels” in terms of your preferences.

For example … the guidelines can help you with things like understanding why stomach sleepers generally do best with thinner firmer comfort layers and why heavier people generally need firmer layers than lighter people and other more general information that can help you avoid most of the more common “mistakes” and to test and compare mattresses more objectively but the specific design, materials, and layering that would be best for you is best left to local testing with the help of a knowledgeable “expert” or with phone conversations with an online provider that knows all the specific details of their mattresses and how they are designed to interact with different types of people and has a customer database that they can use for reference points about which of their mattresses may work best for your unique “stats”, needs, and preferences.

It would be unlikely that you would need to go over your budget which is plenty to purchase most high quality mattresses that have good value including more premium mattresses such as all latex. The only reason to go over this would be if there is a specific design or materials (such as a highly customized mattress that is built specifically for your needs and preferences much like a custom fitted suit) where it’s real “value” and benefits are more important than your budget but even here you wouldn’t need to go much higher than your budget which is already in the “premium” mattress range.

Phoenix