My Luxi experience and hybrid mattress questions

Hi carolyna,

While other peopleā€™s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful, I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about about using anyone elseā€™s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words ā€¦ reviews in general wonā€™t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

I would be especially cautious about reading reviews on any manufacturerā€™s or retailerā€™s website because to different degrees almost all of them will be moderated and/or filter out any overly negative reviews. Just ask yourself if you were a manufacturer or retailer that was focused on selling mattresses would you post every single negative review whether you believed the comments were justified or not?

These are very different mattresses that use different materials and components so they would be somewhat of an apples to oranges comparison.

Assuming that the materials in a mattress you are considering are durable enough for your body type and meet the quality/durability guidelines here relative to your weight range ā€¦ the choice between different types and combinations of materials and components or different types of mattresses are more of a preference and a budget choice than a ā€œbetter/worseā€ choice (see this article).

Buying a mattress based on other peopleā€™s needs and/or preferences would be something like buying shoes or clothing based on other peopleā€™s sizes and preferences.

There are some comments about Luxisleep in post #10 here and there are some comments about Novosbed and some of the other simplified choice mattresses in post #2 here in the simplified choice mattress topic.

While you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress so nobody can speak to how any mattress will feel for someone else or whether it will be a suitable ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) when you sleep on it ā€¦ neither one of them have any lower quality materials or weak links that would be a cause for concern in terms of the durability and useful life of the mattress for anyone that is in a more average weight range (the lower 200ā€™s or so or less).

Phoenix

I did end up returning the mattress. After an initial chat with Luxi customer service, I got a call from David Farley, CEO of Luxisleep. He said he hadnā€™t heard my particular complaints before and was very interested in talking to me to possibly ā€œlearn somethingā€. At the end of that conversation he offered to send me a custom topper to see if that helps, assuring me that I still had the option to return the mattress at any time, so I accepted.

The topper arrived a week later, and didnā€™t help at all. Iā€™d say it actually made my problems worse. So I called up Luxi again and left a message saying I wanted to return it. I quickly got a call back from Farley, wherein he apologized for not being able to help, and promptly started the returns process. Luxi arranged for a pickup of the mattress the next day, and returned my money the day after. I was shocked by how painless the return process was with Luxi. I even got to keep the topper.

Even though I didnā€™t like the mattress, I will say that Luxiā€™s customer service is absolutely fantastic. Theyā€™re such nice people it actually made me feel a little bad about returning the bed :lol:

I didnā€™t leave a review on the website, though I still might. I feel their mattress is very high quality, and all the problems I have with it are mostly personal preference. Iā€™ve learned that I donā€™t like all-foam beds, and the support profile of that mattress was just all wrong for my 6ā€™2" 200 lb frame.

Iā€™ve since ordered and received an Alexander Hybrid, and while I must say Iā€™m sleeping better than I was on the Luxi, thatā€™s like saying Iā€™d rather be shot in the foot than the stomach. Iā€™m still experiencing terrible sleep, and Iā€™m starting to think I just donā€™t sleep well on memory foam. I really like the feel of it before I go to bed, but I wake up miserable. Iā€™m also sleeping hot in it, despite their fancy copper-infused foam. Probably looking at returning this bed, too. No idea what Iā€™m going to do next.

And Iā€™ve discovered to my great surprise that my previous mattress (that I slept on for 20 years) was an extra firm. Iā€™m thinking the Luxi and Alexander are simply too soft for me, and my body is just used to a lot more support. Now I feel like Iā€™m back to square one.

And to top it all off, I have a serious and very unique problem with the Alexander Hybrid. I think the copper-infused foam is interfering with the Bluetooth connection of my continuous glucose monitor. The receiver can be 3 feet away from me and stay disconnected because itā€™s lying on the bed. Everywhere else in the house it has 20 feet range no problem. Even if I liked the bed that would be a huge issue, because that means I wonā€™t get extremely important blood sugar warnings while Iā€™m asleep unless I practically tape the receiver to my side.

Exasperated sigh. :pinch:

Hi again,

Thanks for sharing the experience and helping me, DMSexton47 and Phoenix, I appreciate it.

Also, I hope you get lucky with your comfortable mattress search. I know how unpleasant it is to sleep on a bad mattress.

Take care

Hi DMSexton47,

Thanks for the update and for taking the time to share the last parts of your experience with Luxisleep. Itā€™s great to hear that their customer service was so helpful and the return process was as painless as it was.

Iā€™m also sorry to hear that your sleeping experience with the Alexander Hybrid also isnā€™t as good as you were hoping for.

While there are many different versions of memory foam that have different properties ā€¦ memory foam in general does tend to be less breathable and sleep warmer than other types of foam materials (such as polyfoam or latex) so there will be a larger percentage of people that will report temperature regulation issues on memory in general although overall it would still be a minority of people that have temperature regulation issues on any mattress.

While itā€™s not possible to quantify the sleeping temperature of a mattress for any particular person with any real accuracy because there are so many variables involved including the type of mattress protector and the sheets and bedding that you use (which in many cases can have just as significant an effect on sleeping temperature as the type of foam in a mattress) and on where you are in the ā€œoven to icebergā€ range and because there is no standardized testing for temperature regulation with different combinations of materials ā€¦ there is more about the many variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress or sleeping system in post #2 here that can help you choose the types of materials and components that are most likely to keep you in a comfortable temperature range.

I would continue to follow the steps in the mattress shopping tutorial which of course would mean either testing different types of mattresses locally that you can test and compare in person in ā€œreal timeā€ or trying different online mattresses that have a good exchange/return policy so you can test them one at a time in your bedroom based on your actual sleeping experience.

If you wish to continue trying online mattresses then the tutorial also includes several other links to lists of many of the better online options Iā€™m aware of (in the optional online step) that include many different types and categories of mattresses in a wide range of budgets, firmness levels, and with different return/exchange policies that may be worth considering.

If you let me know your city or zip code Iā€™d be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in your area as well.

I would keep in mind that there are different types of foam (memory foam, polyfoam, and latex foam) and all of them have different properties. Every category of mattresses (including innerspring or memory foam mattresses) can include hundreds or even thousands of different mattresses with different designs, different ā€œfeelsā€, different characteristics, and different firmness levels. Every layer and component in a mattress (including the cover and any quilting material) will affect the feel and response of every other layer both above and below it so each category will generally include some mattresses that will be a good ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of ā€œcomfortā€, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own personal preferences) and others that use the same type of materials and are in the same category but have a different design that may be very uncomfortable and may be completely unsuitable for you to sleep on even if the actual materials are the same.

Testing and comparing a range local mattresses in ā€œreal timeā€ can give you a sense of how you feel about different materials or different types of mattresses in very general terms if you can identify ā€œpatternsā€ in your experience because the only way to know for certain whether you like a specific mattress or whether it will be a good ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of ā€œcomfortā€, firmness, and PPP will be based on your own careful testing or your personal experience.

I would keep in mind that firmness and support arenā€™t necessarily the same thing (the floor for example would provide very poor support for some parts of your body) but it would be fair to say that your body is used to a much firmer mattress and this could certainly account for your experiences.

ā€œSupportā€ is often misunderstood because the goal of a ā€œsupportiveā€ mattress is to keep the spine and joints in good alignment and this requires the type of contouring support that allows some parts of the body to sink in more (softer) and some parts of the body to sink in less (firmer) and this will vary on an individual basis. There is more about primary or ā€œdeepā€ support and secondary or ā€œsurfaceā€ support and their relationship to firmness and pressure relief and the ā€œrolesā€ of different layers in a mattress in post #2 here and in post #4 here that may also be helpful in clarifying the difference between ā€œsupport/alignmentā€ and ā€œcomfort/pressure reliefā€ and ā€œfeelā€ and how they interact together.

The amount of copper in the foam would be relatively small so it seems odd to me that this could be an issue and itā€™s certainly the first time Iā€™ve heard of this as an issue but itā€™s certainly an interesting possibility. I really donā€™t know much about glucose monitors or whether copper infused memory foam would interfere with a bluetooth connection but it may be worth calling the manufacturer of your glucose monitor to see what they say (and Iā€™d be interested in hearing what they say as well)

Phoenix

[quote=ā€œPhoenixā€ post=61848]
If you let me know your city or zip code Iā€™d be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in your area as well.[/quote]

1. As far as I know my options are limited to several chain stores (MattressFirm, MattressKing, etc) and Furniture Row.

[quote]
I would keep in mind that there are different types of foam (memory foam, polyfoam, and latex foam) and all of them have different properties. Every category of mattresses (including innerspring or memory foam mattresses) can include hundreds or even thousands of different mattresses with different designs, different ā€œfeelsā€, different characteristics, and different firmness levels. Every layer and component in a mattress (including the cover and any quilting material) will affect the feel and response of every other layer both above and below it so each category will generally include some mattresses that will be a good ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of ā€œcomfortā€, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own personal preferences) and others that use the same type of materials and are in the same category but have a different design that may be very uncomfortable and may be completely unsuitable for you to sleep on even if the actual materials are the same.

Testing and comparing a range local mattresses in ā€œreal timeā€ can give you a sense of how you feel about different materials or different types of mattresses in very general terms if you can identify ā€œpatternsā€ in your experience because the only way to know for certain whether you like a specific mattress or whether it will be a good ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of ā€œcomfortā€, firmness, and PPP will be based on your own careful testing or your personal experience.[/quote]

By ā€œall foamā€ I meant memory foam / poly foam. Mainly because Iā€™ve discovered I really want the mattress to have some bounce. This is one area that sets the Hybrid way above the Luxi for me.

Iā€™ve tried dozens of memory foam mattresses in stores, and I thought I had figured out my PPP. In fact the Hybrid feels almost identical to mattresses I found very comfortable during store-testing - medium-soft hybrid mem-foam mattresses. Now Iā€™m learning that I sleep terribly on softer mattresses, and sleeping ā€œinā€ the mattress rather than on it causes me tons of issues. It seems Iā€™ve been on the wrong track and need to start over.

I would keep in mind that firmness and support arenā€™t necessarily the same thing (the floor for example would provide very poor support for some parts of your body) but it would be fair to say that your body is used to a much firmer mattress and this could certainly account for your experiences.[/quote]

Iā€™ve noticed that with both the Luxi and Hybrid Iā€™ve felt like my lower back was sinking much farther into the mattress than it should, especially when side-sleeping. (And odd as it is, I would probably sleep much better on the floor than this mattress.)

My old mattress is a ~30 year-old Jamison Vita-Pedic, with two different firmness levels listed: a ā€œcomfort levelā€ of medium-firm, and a ā€œsupport levelā€ of extra-firm. It doesnā€™t feel very firm, but when laying on it now I realize I sink into the mattress much less than the Hybrid. If it wasnā€™t for all the busted springs poking out the side and the unidentifiable mold-like odor, I wouldā€™ve given up and gone back to that mattress after realizing the Hybrid was another dud. Even as old as it is there are no indentations and itā€™s much more comfortable than either the Luxi or Hybrid (to me). I should probably start looking at innerspring mattresses.

Do you know of any online retailers that sell reasonable quality innerspring mattresses? Iā€™ve been so focused on memory foam/latex that Iā€™m not very familiar with the online offerings for more traditional mattresses.

The amount of copper in the foam would be relatively small so it seems odd to me that this could be an issue and itā€™s certainly the first time Iā€™ve heard of this as an issue but itā€™s certainly an interesting possibility. I really donā€™t know much about glucose monitors or whether copper infused memory foam would interfere with a bluetooth connection but it may be worth calling the manufacturer of your glucose monitor to see what they say (and Iā€™d be interested in hearing what they say as well)

Phoenix[/quote]

Itā€™s a Dexcom G5 CGM. From what I understand it uses a very low energy bluetooth connection that can be disrupted by all sorts of things (as an example, they tell you that swimming or showering can cut the connection even though the transmitter is waterproof and the the receiver is well in range). So far, the only time Iā€™ve had connection issues with it is when the receiver is on the bed and Iā€™m in a chair 3 feet away, or when Iā€™m sleeping and the receiver is on a nearby table. I canā€™t say Iā€™m certain that the mattress is causing it, but I can say that I only have issues when thereā€™s a couple feet of mattress between me and the receiver.

Iā€™m not surprised itā€™s the first time youā€™ve heard of it, since itā€™s a ridiculously esoteric problem. Both the CGM and the Mattress are brand new tech, and the overlap between Dexcom users, online mattress shoppers, and members of this forum is probably no greater than 1. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi DMSexton47,

The two ā€œbounciestā€ materials would be innersprings and latex.

There is no way to ā€œcalculateā€ or ā€œfigure outā€ PPP based on specs (either yours or a mattress) and the mattresses that you tried in the stores were very different from the mattresses that you purchased. The only way to know whether any mattress is a suitable ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP would be based on your own careful testing or personal experience.

Perceptions such as ā€œcomfortā€ or how a mattress ā€œfeelsā€ is very subjective and is different from primary support which in turn is different from secondary support which in turn is different from pressure relief.

This would probably be something in the range of medium firm to firm overall but there are also no ā€œstandardā€ definitions or consensus of opinions for firmness ratings and different manufacturers can rate their mattresses very differently than others so a mattress that one manufacturer rates as being a specific firmness could be rated very differently by another manufacturer. Different people can also have very different perceptions of firmness and softness compared to others as well and a mattress that feels firm for one person can feel like ā€œmediumā€ for someone else or even ā€œsoftā€ for someone else (or vice versa) depending on their body type, sleeping style, physiology, their frame of reference based on what they are used to, and their individual sensitivity and perceptions. There are also different types of firmness and softness that different people may be sensitive to that can affect how they ā€œrateā€ a mattress as well (see post #15 here) so different people can also have very different opinions on how two mattresses compare in terms of firmness and and some people may rate one mattress as being firmer than another and someone else may rate them the other way around. This is all relative and very subjective and is as much an art as a science.

Some of the better innerspring/latex options Iā€™m aware of are listed in post #2 here and the post it links to but if you wish to test any of them in person (which may be advisable if you have already tried two mattresses that didnā€™t work for you) you would need to check their websites or call them to see if any of them have a dealer close to you.

Off the top of my head ā€¦ I canā€™t think of any innerspring/polyfoam mattresses that are available online and that have a good return policy and that use polyfoam that meets the minimum foam quality/density guidelines that I would suggest.

Subject to confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here ā€¦ the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around the Huntsville, AL area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Iā€™ve seen a lot of good things about the Purple mattress. Its construction is very unique, and from every video Iā€™ve seen, it has a ton of ā€œbounce.ā€ It may give you all of the qualities you want from foam, while also giving you the bounce you need in a mattress. If anything, itā€™s another consideration. Good luck in finding ā€œyourā€ mattress!

Hi Phoenix/DMSexton47,

Thereā€™s the ā€œAviya Mattressā€ (aviyamattress.com)ā€¦ not sure if this has been mentioned in the forum yet, but itā€™s essentially a simplified choice innerspring (soft/medium/firm configurations) with what appears to be high quality polyfoams and a good return/refund policy. They donā€™t roll-pack the mattress and offer full white-glove delivery at a very reasonable price for both the mattress as well as a quality foundation if required . If I wanted (or go back to) an innerspring, it would probably be a top choice. I know Phoenix might offer a ā€œslight cautionā€ for those in the mid 200 lb range or higher given the 1.8 lb polyfoam they use in the comfort layers, but in this application I personally think it would be more than durable enough.

Aside from that, I think the ā€œmygreenmattressā€ innerspring/latex model included in one of the links Phoenix posted is probably the ā€œbestā€ overall innerspring mattress for the money considering the specs/quality but itā€™s worth noting thereā€™s only 1 firmness option and theyā€™ll charge shipping for returns (original cost less shipping is refunded).

Regards,
Manimal

Hi Manimal,

You are the first to mention it on the forum so thanks for the heads up ā€¦ I appreciate it :).

All the foam layers above the innerspring are 1.8 lb density polyfoam so there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress that would compromise the durability and useful life of the mattress and it would certainly be a suitable choice for most weight ranges.

Because the upper layers of a mattress are the weakest link in the mattress ā€¦ I would remove the ā€œslightā€ and add a ā€œcautionā€ for those that are in higher weight ranges (the "slight caution would normally be for mattresses that use 1.8 lb density polyfoam in the deeper layers rather than the comfort layers).

@ rweb82,

Just for the sake of others that read this ā€¦ you can see my comments about the Purple mattress in post #2 here and in terms of durability my comments would be the same as for the Aviya mattress and it would also make a suitable choice for most weight ranges.

Phoenix

I was actually surfing the web looking for information on Luxi pillows when I came across this forum.

I know Iā€™m reviving a thread thatā€™s a few months old, but I wanted to provide some insight from my Luxi experience in case it helps anyone out there.

When we were looking around for a new mattress, I was very hesitant to buy something online that I couldnā€™t try out in advance. A mattress is a pretty subjective item after all.
In the end I was reassured by their return guarantee, and the fact that everywhere I looked online, people would talk about how great their customer service was.

I should mention that I tend to have a bad back. Itā€™s the result of a car accident many years ago, and I often have difficulty sleeping in one position all night because I begin to experience back pain.
On top of that, I sleep very hot. Iā€™ve had issues in the past with waking up in a sweat.

Our previous mattress was a Simmons Beautyrest (pocket coil), that was not cheap. However after only 4 years I found that it was beginning to sag in the middle, and just didnā€™t offer very good back support.
Iā€™d wake up many times over the course of the night to readjust my sleeping position.

Weā€™ve been sleeping on our Luxi for about 2 months now.
The first few nights were terrible. My back was killing me, and I was honestly ready to return the mattress.
However, I decided to stick it out for another week to see if things got any better. I also planned to try different firmness configurations to see if that was the issue.
As it turns out, I think my back was so used to that saggy, unsupportive pocket coil, that the different position the Luxi put me in was a shock to the system.
After about 4 or 5 nights of adjustment, all of my problems went away. Iā€™m sleeping so much better than I did on my old mattress, and I rarely wake up in the middle of the night anymore. I wake up feeling well rested.
My overheating issues also seem to have disappeared (so far anyway). That was one of my biggest concerns with going to a foam mattress, since Iā€™d read that some types of foam sleep very hot.
The Luxi actually sleeps very cool. Much cooler than my pocket coil did.

Overall this thing is great, and Iā€™m very happy I took a chance on them (and stuck it out).
I highly recommend giving this product a try if youā€™re in the market for a mattress. With the return policy, you really have nothing to lose.

**A couple of notes:
I tend to sleep in all positions. Back, sides, face down, and I do find the Luxi to be less comfortable in a face down position than in the others.

We both use the ā€œmediumā€ firmness setting on the Luxi.
Personally, I find it to be a fairly typical representation of what youā€™d expect from a medium firmness mattress. I almost wish it was a tiny bit firmer to be honest.
The soft is way too soft for my liking, and I havenā€™t tried the more firm setting yet, but Iā€™m concerned that Iā€™d lose a lot of the ventilating properties by sleeping directly on that firmer solid foam layer.

I also find the edges of the mattress are not overly rigid compared to my old pocket coil. So if you tend to sleep very close to the edge of the bed (like I used to), you may not like this mattress.
I also notice it when sitting on the edge of the bed.
Itā€™s not terrible the way it is right now, but it could use some improvement. Some sort of reinforcement around the edges would be nice.

Anyway, I hope this information helps anyone out there who is considering the Luxi as an option.

JustPassingThru wrote:

This is a great note for others getting used to their new mattress.

Iā€™m glad you didnā€™t react too quickly and return your mattress after just a few days. You are exactly correct that it takes time to adjust to any new product, and that your body had probably become used to something that had lost support over the years.

I tell my clients that it takes some time for you to adjust to your new mattress, and for the mattress to adjust to you. I call this a ā€œperiod of retrogressionā€ (much like in resistance training), and a good general range is three weeks to three months.

Itā€™s surprising how our bodies can adapt over time to something that has incrementally become unsupportive, and then when presented with a more appropriate product the new mattress feels worse than the old broken-down model. The key is to give yourself, and your new mattress, some time to adjust. Itā€™s good news that youā€™re sleeping better!

Jeff Scheuer
Mattress To Go

Hi JustPassingThru,

Thanks for taking the time to share such detailed and insightful comments and feedback about your Luxi Mattress ā€¦ I appreciate it.

Itā€™s also good to hear that you gave your mattress some time and as you discovered there will also be a break in and adjustment period for any new mattress or sleeping system as the mattress loses any of itā€™s ā€œfalse firmnessā€ and the cover stretches and loosens a little and the materials settle and your body gets used to a sleeping surface that is different from what it is used to (see post #3 here). This would typically be a few weeks but it can be shorter or longer depending on the specifics of the person and the mattress (higher density materials can take longer) and it can be surprising to many people how much their sleeping experience can change over the course of the first month or so.

Sleeping hot would be more common with a mattress where you are sleeping directly on thicker layers of memory foam than it would with either the the SBT polyfoam or the latex which is on either side of the Luxisleep top component because they would both be more breathable and temperature neutral than most memory foam.

Unlike many innerspring mattresses ā€¦ most foam mattresses (latex foam, memory foam, or polyfoam) donā€™t have a specific edge support system or even really need them as long as the firmness of the support core and the thickness of the comfort layers are suitable for your body weight when you are sleeping. Foam mattresses will generally feel softer and compress more deeply if you sleep with most of your weight concentrated on the very outside edges of the mattress or if you sit on the very edge of the mattress because your weight is more concentrated when you are sitting than when you are sleeping on the mattress. There is more about edge support in foam mattresses in post #33 here.

While there are always exceptions for some people that have a strong preference for a mattress that has a specific edge support system ā€¦ in most cases and for most people this is just a matter of getting used to a foam mattress (particularly if you are used to a spring mattress with edge support) and perhaps sitting or sleeping a little bit more towards the center of the mattress rather than on the very outside edges of the mattress.

Thanks once again for sharing your comments and feedback and most importantly of all ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I was originally pretty stoked to try out this bed in CALI King as my wife is a firm stomach sleeper, and Iā€™m a medium side and back sleeper. We tried every variation we could but never could find anything that was even tolerable for more than a day or two. and the weird no-go zone in the middle is less than desirable. I asked for a return in the middle of last year and was contacted (after over a month of emails back and forth with customer service) by a gentleman that wanted to try sending us differently configured layer to see if he could make us something that worked. I agreed, however never heard back or received anything from them. So again after phone calls and emails, I finally just asked for a refund. They agreed and I filled out paperwork, set up the donation that they coordinated, and took photos as requested. The Only reply Iā€™ve gotten from them since february is that the refund is in process. So now Iā€™ve donated the mattress AND havenā€™t received a refund. Customer service has been nearly non existent since purchase last year. I based my purchase on all of the rave reviews, but I can see no possible way that there are great interactions with LUXI. At least I havenā€™t seen it.

Hi ssphotodesign.

Sorry that the mattress hasnā€™t worked out for you and that you still have a pending refund.
As you probably are aware Luxi is one of our newest Trusted Members and I just emailed to them (Too late now for a phone call) to make them aware of your situation. I am not very sure what might have happened in your case, but my experience with them is prompt responses and good customer care.

Phoenix

Dear ssphotodesign,

We are taking this opportunity to express once more our sincere apologies for the frustration and time investment that the delayed refund issue may have caused you. Even though we have issued a refund, we still want to make sure this is resolved to your satisfaction and to thank you for your patience, and cooperation in dealing with it. It took us a little longer to track down what may have caused this, and weā€™ve come to understand that the ā€œslip through the cracksā€ was completely our oversight of communication processes and now we have in place a sturdy refund process with added ā€œfail safesā€ to make sure that something like this does not go lost or overlooked in the future.

We are a hard working family run company with deep roots in making quality products and we pride ourselves on offering a service that our customer can all amazing. We believe in old-school customer service approach where we take care of every single customer in an individualized way in real-time.

I would also like to add that we encourage and consider all customer feedback a valuable tool in developing our products. Historically our success rate with fitting our customers with the right mattress is over 95%. The majority of our customers are preferring the medium firm setting and those that prefer a bit more firmness or on the other end increased cushioning are usually able to adjust the foam to a level that suits perfectly their needs. We believe that this adjustability along with the quality of components is what allows Luxi to enjoy such a high success rate.

The Luxi Sleep Team

Iā€™d like to give Luxi the benefit of the doubt but am unfortunately experiencing a similar issue. After trying the ā€˜Luxi Oneā€™ for a couple of months and really trying to make it work, it just wasnā€™t so I reached out to Luxi and indicated Iā€™d like to initiate a return. Initially I heard back and after a couple emails back and forth, was advised not to worry and that theyā€™d be in contact. After several follow up attempts, itā€™s now about to go on week 4 with no status update, let alone having a pickup scheduled. Like many others out there, Iā€™ve tried some online mattresses and had to return themā€¦ in my experience so far, pickups and/or donations have been scheduled within a few days max (with the actual pickup occurring within a couple weeks) and I havenā€™t been forced to hold on to a mattress (or wait for a refund) for an extended period of time. I really didnā€™t want to post anything and still think theyā€™re a good company, but at this point, need to get this expedited and hopefully make Luxi aware of any potential oversights and/or further improvements that can be made when it comes to returns.

Luxi isnā€™t very responsive in general and even more so when it comes to returns. No one ever answers the phone and emails to days to be returned. I initiated a return of my mattress at the end of may. They tell u to go to satruck.org and schedule the pick up yourself which in my area was over two months later. First available pickup when I went to schedule in June was August 13. I complained to Luxi about this to no avail. They just say we will try find someone to come get it sooner but they donā€™t actually do anything.

August 13 finally came last week and SA came and got the mattress. I immediately uploaded my proof that it had been donated to them via email and am still waiting ten days later for a refund. Their customer service is horrible but yet they have no problem sending me emails trying to get me to invest in their company.

Hi smeagol108 and Manimal.

I am sorry that your Luxi mattress is not working out for you and that there are some issues with the returns. I am not sure what happened on the return side but I contacted to alert them about the issues you are mentioning I and they assured me that theyā€™ll promptly look into this and contact you.

Phoenix

Just figured I would update this thread. Five days since Phoenix contacted them, I have still received no contact from them and no refund. My return was started in end of may/early June, mattress finally picked up 14 days ago and proof provided to them that day. This is insane and unacceptable.

Hi smeagol108.

Luxi contacted me this morning to let me know that they are working towards a resolution and actively trying to get in touch with you.

Hope it gets solved soon.

Phoenix