My Luxi experience and hybrid mattress questions

Just wanted to update the thread that I did finally receive the check the owner promised last week. So he did make good on his promise, just sucks it took me coming to this site complain, and an extended wait for this whole return process to finally be completed. Started end of may, finally complete September 4. Phoenix, thank you for your help and dedication to this site.

Congrats, thatā€™s great news. David reached out to me as well and is helping to get the situation resolved.

I have been looking for a forum like this for weeks because I have had a similar experience with Luxi, specifically slow customer service and delays processing our return/refund. At one point I thought Luxi had gone out of business because there has been zero contact/response/refund from Luxi since our mattress was collected over 6 weeks ago.

I purchased the mattress in May and received it in June. I did my research and liked the concept of the Luxi 3 in 1 mattress. The adjustability appealed to me because my wife and I have different preferences on firmness and this seemed to be a solution. I also liked their Eco Philosophy and the sustainable mattress concept.

Scroll forward 2 months and neither my wife and I are sleeping well - we could not find the right balance between comfort and support which was affecting our quality of sleep. We started developing aches and pains which would persist. Changing the mattress configuration would help in the short term but essentially moved the aches elsewhere.

We have 2 young children and our sleep is regularly disrupted. This coupled with the mattress made sleeping and recovery very inconsistent - to the point we felt we had to make a change. The return was initiated and we were contacted by David Farley the co-founder/CEO of Luxi. David offered to help tune the mattress based on our feedback which we ultimately declined as we had reached the point we just wanted a different mattress. David promised he would take care of the return the same day - we heard nothing from him again. Ultimately we resorted to calling and emailing Luxi on a regular basis until someone would return our calls and emails. That person was Samantha who helped us process the return and collection. Overall the return authorisation and collection process took 6 weeks with the mattress being collected on 13th Sept. As stated earlier, we have received no further contact or refund despite attempts to escalate this. To say we feel disappointed with Luxi and David, in particular, is an understatement.

Now to be clear - I have no real issue with the Luxi 3 in 1 mattress. I like the design intent, the quality and the Eco Philosophy . There are some aspects of the design which could be improved which others have touched on but these are minor. Ultimately if we had found the mattress to be comfortable we would have kept it.

This is my experience, for what itā€™s worth. I feel somewhat relieved to know Iā€™m not the only person in this situation and hope it can be resolved soon.

HI imnotfrank

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your candor and insight on the issues you have experienced with Luxi. It is unfortunate that Luxi mattress did not work out for you and that you experienced lengthy delays with receiving your refund. Unfortunately, you were not the only customer that had the same issue and weā€™ve contacted Luxi on several occasions to alert them. TMU received reassurance that the situation will be remedied but at this time we see little evidence of it.

Hopefully, posts like yours will act as a self-balancing correction for the company.

Phoenix

Sorry to say, Iā€™ve had a similar experience to the others reported above. Iā€™ve had three different reps (Samantha, Danny, Laura) each confirm to me that I was eligible for return/refund, each leaving me expecting to hear from someone about processing the return/refund, and each then disappearing. No response to emails for months at a time, no phone call answered. This has been going on since December 2017 (yes, 2017!), with the last contact from them this past February. It hadnā€™t occurred to me until now to check and see what people here may have been saying, and itā€™s oddly both reassuring and disappointing to see I am not alone. Since othersā€™ posting here actually seems to have gotten Davidā€™s attention, this is now my best hope that Iā€™ll actually hear back from someone to resolve this.

Itā€™s a real shame, because while it was not quite the right mattress for us, it was one of the better ones weā€™d tried, with a surprising amount of bounce for a non-spring mattress, and no smell, and of course the benefit of a certain amount of customizability. But for all intents and purposes, Iā€™d have to call this a non-returnable mattress, unless maybe someone knows to post here and keep their fingers crossed.

BTW, the one that finally made both of us happy was Saatva. It took us a while to find it. But along the way, at least everyone other than Luxi processed the return and refund promptly.

Hi anotherscott,

Thank you for your post and Iā€™m sorry that youā€™ve been having such a difficult time returning your Luxi mattress. December 2017! ā€¦This is not a good sign for customer support with Luxi. We havenā€™t had any recent complaints, and I am hoping that your post will catch their attention to help process your return.

Although unfortunate, we do appreciate the post and the updated information. Thanks again.
Phoenix