MySide Series 6 mattress by Kingsdown

Hi lydell54,

I certainly hope you are able to cancel your order without penalty. It always amazes me how this mattress can have a listed price as high as it is. The construction of the mattress is listed as …

Mattress Build

.7 Oz. Fire Resistant Fiber
1 Oz. Clima Touch Fiber
2" Quilting Foam
1 3/16" Super Soft Convoluted Cool Wave Foam
1" Kingsfoam Airflow Cushion
3/8" Memory Foam Lumbar Support
Fully Encased 9" Wrapped Coil System
1" Base Foam

This means that it is basically a one sided pocket coil mattress with over 4" of polyfoam in the comfort layers over the innerspring and another 3/8 inch of memory foam to help fill in the lumbar gap. The worst part is that they don’t provide any information about the quality (density) of the foams used and it is a very safe assumption that none of it is the highest quality polyfoam available. I personally wouldn’t consider this mattress even if I was given a 60% or higher discount over the listed prices … especially when there are so many better options available where the polyfoam inside the mattress is known and that are able to be flipped to extend its life. I also would never consider giving my business to an outlet that lists some of their mattresses at more than double what they are worth just to be able to create the impression that a fake “sale” is a good reason to act urgently and buy “now”.

While there are not any factory direct outlets in the Baltimore area that I’m aware of … there are certainly some better choices which are in post #2 here. With a longer drive there are also some factory direct outlets that would take a little longer to get to but would likely save you a great deal of time and frustration (and money) overall … particularly with a few phone calls first to see what they had available which would be suitable for you and your budget.

Hope this helps … and again I hope you are successful in cancelling your order. That’s a lot of money to pay for an innerspring and some polyfoam on a single side.

Phoenix