MySide Series 6 mattress by Kingsdown

Hi Johnnyj,

Not only is the price unbelievably high considering the cheap polyfoam in it … I would not recommend this mattress for anyone regardless of circumstances, weight distribution, or sleeping position. It has the following specs …

Mattress Build

.7 Oz. Fire Resistant Fiber
1 1/4" Quilting Poly
1 Oz. Clima Touch Fiber
1 1/2" Qualatex Cool Wave Plus Pad
1" Super Soft Air Flow Cushion
1" Kingsfoam Airflow Cushion
2" Kingsfoam Airflow Cushion
1/2" Memory Foam
1" Firm Kingsfoam
3/8" Foam Lumbar Support
9" Wrapped Coil System
1" Flexatron
1" Base Foam

It has over 8" of polyfoam in it and only 1.5" of this could even remotely be called good quality (the qualatex). In a mattress like this … there is so much polyfoam over the innerspring that even having an innerspring is almost pointless. This mattress is a recipe for disaster both in terms of body alignment and in terms of the likelihood of foam breakdown and loss of support and body impressions. I wouldn’t buy this mattress at any price and much higher quality mattresses that use decent materials are available at local independent manufacturers and many other places (not the chain stores) at much better value than even the best so-called sale prices of a mattress like this.

The only mattress at Sleepy’s that I would likely consider would be one of the Pure Latex Bliss models and even here a mattress that uses the same materials could be purchased for much less at a true factory direct outlet or independent sleep shop. I would strongly advise you to walk past sleepy’s and any other chain store like it (for anything other than mattress testing) because if you purchase anything there and don’t like it … you will be trapped into a “comfort exchange” for another poor quality mattress at an even higher price. This forum thread may be worth reading https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/please-help

If you let me know what city you live in … I would be happy to look and see if I know of any higher quality outlets that are near you. You can certainly do much better IMO

Phoenix