myside

Hi meirr7,

[quote]just ordered 2 twin size srs 4 red tag (whatever that means) mattresses from sleepys. just read your posts from last year assesing the quality of my side products.
has your opinion changed? or should my order?[/quote]

No my opinion hasn’t changed and I wouldn’t consider a mattress that had so much unknown foam that was in that price range. They are included in the "major brands’ that I would avoid (see the first guideline in this article)

Serta is another major brand I would also avoid. You can see an analysis of the iComfort lineup in post #11 here and as you can see the value is not any better. many of the materials in these mattresses really belong in mattresses that sell for much less.

In general you are much better off looking at local or independent manufacturers that either sell direct or through better sleep shops and you will find much better quality and value in any type of mattress you prefer. If you put your initial efforts into finding the better manufacturers and retailers in your area that have great quality, service, and value (before you start to look for a specific mattress) … you will end up with a better quality/value mattress than anything you could buy from a major brand or mass market outlet or chain store.

If you let me know your zip or the city you live in I’d be happy to let you know of any better possibilities in your area I’m aware of.

A mattress is only as good as the materials and construction that goes into it. Even low quality materials can feel great on a showroom floor but they won’t stay that way and it’s just as important to buy a mattress that will feel and perform well in a year from now (uses the most durable materials possible in your budget range) as it does when you are testing it. Low quality materials in the comfort layers (upper layers) of a mattress especially will soften and break down much more quickly than higher quality materials and the loss of comfort and support is not covered by any warranty.

Phoenix