N4 core and 19 IDL Comfort layer

Phoenix, I replaced the N3 core with a 6" N4 core (purchased locally) and replaced the 19idl with a 3" 28idl layer (purchased from mattress.net), and I still have a lot of pressure pain. I tried the 3" 19idl layer on top of the new configuration before returning—it was too soft and still had painful pressure. Didn’t think to try it between the layers. (it’s boxed up ready to go.)

Do you think there is any IDL softer to go on top of (or underneath) the 28idl that might work for me? The only option for the replacement they offered was the 28 idl in 3" at Mattress.net. They have 22idl in 2". My alignment is okay now. I feel that 2" might not be thick enough for pressure relief. I have a 9" zip cover. I am very discouraged at this point. Do you have any ideas or suggestions at this point for me? My new foundation has wire metal top, very hard. Could that be a contributing factor?I tried 3" 28 IDL on my old innerspring mattress last night. Wasn’t perfect, but was an improvement over the N4 core on the metal foundation. I still get a lot of pushback and pressure pain, I think, from the firm core. To the touch, both layers feel soft.

Hi Madam Queen,

I switched your post to your previous topic so it was easier to find some of the previous background and history for reference.

Based on your previous comments that seemed to indicate that you were having alignment issues … it would make sense to me to replace the N3 core with the N4 which I understand you had already done.

I’m not clear though why you switched the top 3" layer with a firmer layer but your comments are somewhat contradictory to me. You are mentioning that with the 19 ILD top layer it was too soft but at the same time you are also mentioning that it was giving you pressure points which would generally indicate that it was too firm so I’m not clear on what it is you are hoping to change or on the type of changes that may work better for you.

There is more information in post #2 here and the posts it links to about the different types of symptoms that people may experience on a mattress and some of the possible reasons for them that may be helpful with some of the detective work that may be necessary to identify the types of changes that can help.

It would also be helpful though if you could provide much more specific details about the specifics of your “symptoms” and discomfort or pain that you are experiencing so that I have some sense of whether you are having issues with alignment or pressure relief (or both) and the type of changes you are hoping to make.

Probably not but you could test your mattress on the floor which is the most solid and non flexing support system possible to see if there is any difference in your symptoms or experience.

It may also be helpful to try the 28 ILD layer under the 19 ILD layer to compare your experience with this to the other combinations you have tried.

Phoenix