Narrowing down our choices of a latex mattress

Hi Random84,

Thanks for taking the time to offer up a suggestion to MrCortex!

I also have a few additional comments:

As people will often come to the forum with little knowledge about how to choose a mattress (often asking to have a mattress picked for them based upon dimensions, or subjective personal preferences), or they make obvious erroneous comments upon mattress componentry, referencing them to learn about mattress construction and how to shop for a mattress is imperative, and that process is of course recommended. The goal of this forum is to educate, allowing people to make their own informed decisions. But it would be evidenced by anyone perusing the forum for even a short amount of time that what you stated is clearly not the response for “most of the replies”.

I hope that you have success in your DIY mattress adventure! You may wish to read option 3 in post #15 here and the posts it links to (and option #1 and #2 as well) about pursuing a DIY mattress.

Creating a DIY mattress can be a rewarding project, but it’s not for everyone (very few people in fact). People need to be realistic in their expectations that they may end up spending more money and not creating something that has a comfort they desire, so looking at things in the “spirit of adventure” and obtaining a reward from the process itself is definitely advised, and it’s not something I generally recommend unless someone specifically inquiries about such a direction. Hopefully things will work out quite well for you.

Phoenix